back to article Telegram users get their stickers back as Apple passes update

Under attack from Russian regulators, embattled encrypted chat app Telegram has apparently resolved a side-spat with Apple. For around six weeks, Telegram's developers had tried to ship an update to its app, but on May 31, founder Pavel Durov complained that iOS 11.4 blocked updates. Rightly or wrongly, Pavel associated the …

1. Blockchain commentard

Are the little stickers a cannabis leaf for drug dealers/users, a bloke with a scarf around his face for terrorists and such like?

1. DaveTheForensicAnalyst
      Facepalm

@Blockchain

"Are the little stickers a cannabis leaf for drug dealers/users, a bloke with a scarf around his face for terrorists and such like?"

Of course, and a Daily Mail sticker for narrow minded Muppet's who think encryption is just for criminals.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Of course, and a Daily Mail sticker for narrow minded Muppet's who think encryption is just for criminals.

Who says conservatives hate encryption? If you haven't noticed, we're the new "bad guys" in the eyes of SJW Silicon Valley titans and plebs alike. We love encryption now. What's good for terrorists is good for patriots.

I, for one, have been pushing it since PGP.

2. Mark 85
      Trollface

Maybe a fig leaf for nudists and a raincoat for flashers?

1. BebopWeBop
        Coat

Ahh a new use for ----------------------------->

3. Adam 1

How's that non-crypto Blockchain going?

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

As far as I've read around the place, one of the biggest groups to use telegram are the furries.

Catoon dogs. Cartoon dogs everywhere.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think if you were to ask Greenpeace...

"Are the little stickers a cannabis leaf for drug dealers/users, a bloke with a scarf around his face for terrorists and such like?"

I think if you were to ask Greenpeace, their use of encrypted communications is for the overall benefit of society i.e. good reason, so less of your propaganda led Daily Mail pitch.

On a somewhat flippant note, using Telegram could save a Greenpeace member (or equivalent org) bringing up a fatherless child as a result of a paid undercover MET Police Officer, for a start.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: I think if you were to ask Greenpeace...

Is it not perhaps more likely that if everyone were using encrypted communications, there would need to be somewhat more undercover agents infiltrating and monitoring (and shacking up with) campaigning groups, rather than fewer?

Still, it keeps people in a job! ...along with camping equipment shops, bike shops, vegetarian cafes, print shops, mobile networks and ISPs, members of the media, ... . Environmental activism, boosting the local economy...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Security of Telegram?

But isn't Telegram regarded by subject area experts as not being a particularly good app in terms of its security practices and encryption protocol, unfortunately?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegram_(service)#Security

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like