back to article Open Source MANO Release FOUR lands

The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) has dropped the latest iteration of its open source management and orchestration (OS MANO, or OSM) environment. Landing just six months after release 3, OSM Release FOUR focuses on usability and interoperability, according to ETSI. The features plucked out by ETSI in …

1. Lee D Silver badge

Nope.

I have absolutely no idea what it is.

I even went Googling and just ended up at a page saying:

"Open Source MANO (OSM) is the open source community that aims to deliver a production-quality MANO stack for NFV, capable of consuming openly published information models, available to everyone, suitable for all VNFs, operationally significant and VIM-independent. OSM is aligned to NFV ISG information models while providing first-hand feedback based on its implementation experience."

Now, I'm not afraid of a TLA but would someone like to put in a sentence explaining what this thing actually is?

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

I dunno either. I thought it was going to be about artificial hands.

On the other hand, if you don't understand something, just wait quietly and it will probably go away. See here.

http://dilbert.com/strip/1997-11-06

The previous day explains what problem the characters were putting off dealing with, and to some extent why one of them is a dinosaur, but this isn't essential information.

You know they asked for comments on how good the journalism is here - I think they have a buzzword generator that makes up entire stories about fictitious technologies like "Tizen", which actually is a fizzy drink.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon