back to article Former Facebook and Uber CSO hired by Cloudflare

When John Sullivan worked at Facebook, Aleksandr Kogan created the infamous personality quiz app that, unbeknown to The Social Network™, eventually funnelled data to Cambridge Analytica. And when Sullivan worked for Uber, he was fired for his part in paying off hackers to conceal a breach of 57 million users’ records. And now …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It is not toxic for C suite members

For a C suite member it is an advertisement - has the proper psychological profile one would expect from a C suite member.

1. DavCrav

Re: It is not toxic for C suite members

"I can weather crises. Just look: two massive disasters and here I am, still getting back on that well-paid horse."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They must

have set a low bar for applicants if THIS is the best they can do.

A man complicit in a huge, swept-under-the-carpet data breach and yet here he is.

Only other place where incompetency is rewarded with another high paid job is local government.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When people reach a certain level of management positions they become part of a charmed circulating pool. No matter what goes wrong on their watch they get a quiet golden parachute - and then a similar job in another company.

In their new position they usually impose their pet theory of how to run a business - that failed in all their previous companies.

Often they recruit a few trusted lieutenants who followed them from the previous companies - who in return recruit their following of trusted people.

This leaves the affected companies new and old in a constant state of management and operational churn at all levels.

In spite of this - the coalface workers meanwhile endeavour to keep the business running and customers happy.

4. Paul Wagenseil

<ahem>JOE Sullivan, not John.</ahem>

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'd like them to put Zuckerberg in with John L. Sullivan.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'Unbeknown'

I beg to differ. I venture that F*cebook knew perfectly well - they just didn't think it was particularly important.

6. StuntMisanthrope

poisonchalice.com

Here, have one of the most difficult jobs on the planet. Do a good job, nobody gives a toss. Do a bad job, get tossed. I bet he can count as well. #donotpassgo #onlyfoolsandhorses

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like