back to article Tesla forums awash with spam as mods take an unscheduled holiday

Owners and fans of Tesla cars seeking support on the company's forums are instead being offered love in all the wrong places. "Where's the webmaster?" was the plaintive cry from user Larry as the Tesla community was hijacked last night by spammers selling a variety of products likely not approved by CEO Elon Musk. Tesla forum …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why? That looks appropriate

"Tantra Mantra" - that does not look particularly inappropriate for someone who DESPERATELY needs a 3.2s to 100km/h short range erectile dysfunction compensator.

2. jzl

Tesla forums?

Does anyone still use the in-house Tesla forum?

All the action is on teslamotorsclub.com and the various Facebook forums (all of which are incredibly active).

1. mikeyw0

Re: Tesla forums?

^^^ this

2. Stevie

Re: Tesla forums?

Thank you for this most useful information.

May I interest you in some herbal supplements while we are here and I am reconfiguring P3nizP1llChimp?

3. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge
    Trollface

good, will give those spammers some other place to peddle their pills then, and leave the rest of us alone.

4. b0llchit Silver badge
    Thumb Up

While in auto-drive mode

At last, we can gladly appreciate the internet at its best while the car has been set to self-driving mode and the 60" windshield monitor is spewing ads and pr0n.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are we sure...

... that Musk didn't simply recently discover a totally new way to make some extra cash: sell forum access?

And as far as I can tell some Tesla owners can really use some of those pills :)

6. Blockchain commentard

It used to be people buying sports cars were compensating for extremely small manhoods. Does the same apply to battery operated pleasure devices?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

In response to the manhood length comment.

As the owner of one. Yes, definately.

7. deconstructionist
    Joke

Moderators: infinity wars

It just all those forums admins from the tech boards musk's has been spamming for years getting revenge.

8. Tigra 07

That sandwich is an abomination...

Circular bread and two chunks of square (spam?) meat. Sandwich bites should be consistent, not a random game where some have meat, some have tomato and meat, and others are just bread.

Where's the sandwich icon?

1. Steve Gill

Re: That sandwich is an abomination...

Bagels are notoriously tricky to fill properly but looks like that sandwich builder just gave up

2. Sandtitz Silver badge
      Happy

Meh... I'd still eat it.

3. Alphebatical
      Boffin

McDonald's unleashed a video once of how they film the burgers for their ads. One of the tricks was that you have to deliberately misstuff it in order to display all the yummy goodness inside. Given the look of the picture, the same technique seems to be at play.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

BCSD? Buy this pill.

(I thought BCSD was an operating system until I discovered Tesla owners)

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ponzi Event Horizon approaching !

1. James Hughes 1

Bloody hell, there's always one.

Not a ponzi scheme.

11. Nimby
    Thumb Up

the company of other battery-powered buddies

Sounds to me like the new advertisement program at Tesla successfully targeted everyone hanging out with Bob*. A **job well done!

*BOB = Battery Operated Boyfriend

** = <insert job type here>

12. JeffyPoooh
    Pint

"...would you like one of these pills instead?"

With anything related to Musk, I recommend that you choose the red pill.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like