back to article There's just one month left 'til the big day: May 25... but don't panic!

Today, 25 April, marks exactly one month until a truly momentous milestone - but an exclusive El Reg analysis* has revealed that as many as 42 organisations are not yet full of froods. Next month, certain bodies – no matter whether they're at the Restaurant at the End of The Universe or Lord's Cricket Ground – should be ready …

1. Aladdin Sane

Bonus points

for a lilac towel.

1. Christoph

Re: Bonus points

Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love, and a Hard-Boiled Egg

2. acousticm

Thanks for that. I had not yet realised that Towel day and the glorious revolution happened on the same day .

I'm sure dwarf bread will go down a treat after a pangalactic ....

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
        Thumb Up

I should be putting my towel down on the sun deck of the ferry to Sardinia that day.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Some Examples of 'Holes' still in GDPR

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-04-25/tech-is-getting-eu-privacy-rules-all-wrong

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster on me !

Or 6 pints of beer... that would probably work too... -------------->

1. Chemist

Re: Have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster on me !

"Or 6 pints of beer... "

With two heads on - I assume

4. Steve Goodey

Will any towel do? Or are there recommendations?

1. Mark 85

I believe it needs to be white, of large size, and probably all cotton. Not sure about fire proof though...

1. The Oncoming Scorn Silver badge
        Alien

This Is Not Just A Towel, This Is An M&S Towel.

The Hoopy Froods towel of choice

"The contents of Ford Prefect's satchel were quite interesting, in fact, and would have made any Earth physicist's eyes pop out of his head, which is why he always concealed them by keeping a couple of ... Beneath that in Ford Prefect's satchel were a few biros, a notepad, and a largish bath towel from Marks and Spencer."

or

ARTHUR:

Shame we lost the towel.

FORD:

What happened to it?

ARTHUR:

It blew away in the wind. Fell in the river and a stream of lava rolled over it.

FORD:

Hah, it’ll give the archaeologists something to think about: “prehistoric towel discovered in lava flow. Was God a Marks and Spencers sales assistant?” What are you doing Arthur?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So if I get a towel I'm GDPR compliant? That's excellent news. Are the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation GDPR compliant? I can't really see them getting Marvin to ask for consent, he won't be pleased.

1. veti Silver badge

Marvin is never pleased, but he'll do it anyway.

1. The Oncoming Scorn Silver badge
        Thumb Up

MARVIN:

([On autobiography tape]) I didn't ask to be made: no one consulted me or considered my feelings in the matter. I don't think it even occurred to them that I might have feelings. After I was made, I was left in a dark room for six months... and me with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side. I called for succour in my loneliness, but did anyone come? Did they help? My first and only true friend was a small rat. One day it crawled into a cavity in my right ankle and died. I have a horrible feeling it's still there...

6. Alistair
    Windows

and over here its a short week. Will have to move laundry day to make sure I have a towel handy for when management start crying about this weird European rule. At least we might have a leftover two four or three.

7. Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
    Happy

And of course google et al will put up a billboard with a statement on it saying they are compliant with the regulations, but it will collapse into the ground and from then on read "go stick your head in a pig"

8. sad_loser
    Pint

The EU does have a sense of humour after all

Too bad we only found out now

1. Franco

Re: The EU does have a sense of humour after all

They do spend the rest of the year reciting Vogon poetry, so not all good.

BEWARE OF THE LEOPARD!

9. User McUser

Aww, Belgium...

I'm so un-hip it's a wonder my bum doesn't fall off.

10. Blofeld's Cat
    Angel

Hmm ...

I wonder if by then ICANN will have just painted Whois pink and erected a cheap and simple SEP field around it?

1. TRT Silver badge

Re: Hmm ...

Lucky escape for ICANN if they do.

11. erikborgo

I'm off to Eroticon 6!

THREE!!!!

12. A-nonCoward
    Mushroom

Poetry Contest, in Finnish...

"the first and oldest ongoing bad poetry night on Towel Day"

Vogons, you got it too easy, you.

13. armyknife
    Happy

What a pleasant thread.

Also not a single down vote.

1. Olafthemighty
      Thumb Up

@ armyknife

Sorry - someone had to!

14. Ima Ballsy
    Happy

Bahhh ......

You Brits will get no sympathy from me ... unless of course you shoot me with your Point of View Gun first ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like