back to article Eclipse Foundation pushes faster, cloudier Jakarta EE

The Eclipse Foundation has today released the new governance model for Jakarta EE, with an emphasis on creating a cloud native, code-first and community-led project that is faster and more innovative. Oracle decided to hand over full control of Java EE to the open-source foundation last year – a move that was welcomed as a …

1. JohnFen

Oh, no

"As part of this, the Jakarta EE Working group - made up of vendors including Fujitsu, IBM, Oracle, Payara and Red Hat, along with open-source developers - is aiming at faster releases."

Not another "rapid release" product. This madness is getting out of control.

2. TVU Silver badge

A gentle piece of advice...

Big Red Larry says "Watch out y'all with your APIs!

3. Gene Cash Silver badge

Red Hat?

Can we please sic Lennart Poettering on it? That'll accomplish two goals: occupy him so he doesn't shit out any more projects like pulseaudio and systemd, and sink Java that much faster.

1. Daniel B.
      Boffin

Lennart Poettering

I wouldn't sic Lennart Poettering even on my worst enemy. He's already ruined my formerly favorite OS with systemd, I'm not letting him touch anything related to computers.

1. JohnFen

Re: Lennart Poettering

Wait, you have the power to stop him?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Eclipse used to be great

Eclipse used to be great. But instead of improving Eclipse client, they are working on a new cloud-only code-base, a completely new Eclipse IDE. So Eclipse IDE is stagnating for years, and everyone moved over to Jetbrains IDEA IDE.

Anyway, this news is about JavaEE - don't care about that. I avoided EE, and stayed with normal Java (without the enterprise abortion) and for mobile with Google's Android Java fork.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like