back to article Microsoft Store adds ‘private audience’ apps to its Store

Microsoft has tweaked its Store to allow distribution of apps to a “private audience” of named users. Developers will be able to create “known user groups” by listing email addresses associated with Microsoft accounts. “Only people in the groups you define who are authenticated with a Microsoft account will be able to see the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

How much does it cost for you to distribute you crap Via Microsoft

onec they get you in, too much, after 10S has become 11....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How much does it cost for you to distribute you crap Via Microsoft

"How much does it cost for you to distribute you crap Via Microsoft "

£12 for an individual account, £65 for a company one.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

And how much...

....will MS be charging for these lists?

Pssst wanna beta test to 21 - 30 year old males interested in loyalty schemes who drive Fords....20c a email address.

3. Tim 11

Microsoft store

Is that even a thing anymore?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Microsoft store

>Is that even a thing anymore?

Absolutely, just like Play for Sure, Zune, WMA and Windows Mobile.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

>>Is that even a thing anymore?

~ 700 million Windows 10 users says that it probably is.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

>~ 700 million Windows 10 users says that it probably is.

LMFTFY

700 million Windows users and only 10 using it says that it probably isn't.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm sure the one or two developers on the $hit store will be pleased?

1. Sean OConnor

I just got my (successful) iOS game onto the Windows Store. Sales have been non-existent. Dunno how MS have managed to make the Store that bad?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Maybe the game isn't suitable or wanted for the desktop? Y'know Window Mobile is dead, right?

1. Sean OConnor

It's a real-time WW2 game and needs as big a screen as possible, so I've actually been surprised how many people play it on a relatively tiny iPhone screen!

I think the problem with the Windows Store is it doesn't get much prominence hidden away in the Start menu thing for a start, and they only seem to give any prominence to big name titles. The AppStore used to let *every* new title appear in the 'new' section, until you'd be pushed off after a few days by the next batch of games, so as a small developer you'd at least get a shot of getting some coverage and then maybe spread by word of mouth. And if the Windows Store doesn't highlight new stuff that people might be interested in, what's the point of them going there for a browse?

1. James O'Shea

What’s the name?

Sounds as if I might be interested

5. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Intention - More Control Over Windows System

Of course it is.

Anyone still using Windows without an exit strategy must be nervous whenever they hear about the "store".

And anyone developing something on Windows that competes with Microsoft ought to be shitting themselves.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Microsoft accounts"

Yeah, I'm not using or signing up for one. Long ago I had a Hotmail/MSN account. Hadn't logged in for almost a decade.

To hell with your Store, Microsoft. Regards.

7. ecofeco Silver badge

How can we tell?

Isn't everything in beta testing these days? So how will anyone be able to tell the difference?

8. Chairman of the Bored

Re: How can we tell?

Simplicity itself- if the product or service you depend on is backed by a firm that went titsup or cancelled the product... What you have installed is the final, definitive version. Everything prior to that was beta.

I wish I were kidding.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like