back to article Foxconn embiggens footprint with nearly a BEEELLION for Belkin

Hon Hai Precision Industry's Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) subsidiary has announced a deal to slurp Belkin International for US$866 million in cash. As well as Belkin's range of own-branded network, cable, cases, wireless networking, and other accessories, the acquisition will also bring the Wemo home automation, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Having seen repeated examples of Apple screwing over firms that are totally dependent on Apple to remain in existence, probably an excellent move on Foxconn's part.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

How is it "screwing over" companies to choose another supplier? If you owned a business where one client was responsible for 75% of your revenue, is the client screwing you over if they decide they don't need you anymore, or did you screw yourself by not finding more clients so you weren't so dependent on the one?

Anyway, Foxconn assembles stuff for many companies other than Apple, including many of the big names plastered on the side of PCs, games consoles, TVs and other consumer gear, so even if Apple decided they were going a different way after whatever their current contract is expires it wouldn't make much of a dent in Foxconn.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

GT Technologies may back the OP up...

1. paulf

Torygraph story about opening a GPU R&D office a few miles from former supplier Imagination Technologies would also back up the OP.

I did read a story a few months ago detailing about 10 times Apple had opened up a new office near their suppliers which are then used as a base to poach employees. Unfortunately I can't find it but they do have form in that game.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Phyn smart home water"?

I had to Google this.

First hit: "Phyn can teach you to learn to speak the language of water to protect your home from leaks, conserve water and save money."

Suddenly, I feel in need of a bucket.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "Phyn smart home water"?

"Suddenly, I feel in need of a bucket."

Why is it hard to hear to the water when it's in the pipe?

3. GX5000
    Alert

Ok so...

Ok so all of your network devices are belong to them now....wtf?!

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

Re: Ok so...

Sounds like you are on the way to destruction...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like