back to article SAP corruption probe: Indication of misconduct in South African public sector deals

German ERP giant SAP has admitted irregularities and indications of misconduct in its South African business following a major corruption probe related to public sector deals worth almost $50m. The investigation, led by law firm Baker McKenzie, kicked off in July 2017 after public allegations that SAP's subsidiary used shell …

1. lglethal Silver badge
    Go

As a reluctant SAP user, I'd love to put the boot in to them, but it looks as if the firm has actually done the right thing upon discovering the corruption. Sacking the senior management, and bringing in auditors, new compliance rules, etc. to actually fix the business as a whole.

It's rather refreshing. Not another "What us? No. Never. Oh ok. It was a rogue sales agent. Nothing to do with management. yadda yadda yadda."

Now if only they could do something to fix their stupid bloody program I'd be smiling!

1. a_yank_lurker

@Iglethal - Fixing their garbage program would require real ethics from a company that has none.

1. Rob 54

'@Iglethal - Fixing their garbage program would require real ethics from a company that has none.'

Really?

Come on now, I am all up for holding SAP to account but can you at least add some context if you are slinging mud

2. gregthecanuck
      Facepalm

Oh come on now

Most of Africa is notoriously corrupt. SAP should have (and likely did) know better.

Summary of SAP's response: "Drat, we've been caught!"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Numbers in Mirror are Larger Than They Appear"

What do you call Unexpected Millions of Dollars during a SAP project?

Some small fraction of the budget overrun.

3. BebopWeBop

Ahh

The Gupta clan have been very busy boys and girls

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like