back to article CryptoLurker hacker crew skulk about like cyberspies, earn $$$

A sophisticated mystery hacker group is using tactics more familiar to the world of cyber espionage to earn millions through mining malware. Kaspersky Lab researchers report that cybercrooks have begun using infection methods and techniques borrowed from targeted attacks in order to install mining software. The most …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"If the user tries to stop the process, the computer system reboots."

Ooh the little bastards. That has to be a Windows weakness, I imagine that a Linux distro would not reboot, but ask confirmation from the user.

Then again, I'm pretty sure this scumware is dedicated to Windows, as usual. Keep going while the going's good, scum. One day, Windows will be just a souvenir, and you'll have to work a lot harder to take over a machine.

1. Outer mongolian custard monster from outer space (honest)

Re: "If the user tries to stop the process, the computer system reboots."

Please dont wish that onto linux Pascal. We need windows as a buffer zone against average idiocy.

Some might say that process of improving the user experience at the expense of unixifcation has already started of late...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Didn't take long for a fanboy to show up. What folks like yourself don't realise is that whatever the most common OS of the day is, it'll be targeted. IF Linux ever becomes the biggest player, it'll also become the biggest target.

3. Aodhhan

Isn't if a bit funny when an ignorant Windows user feels the need to be noticed, that they actually post and rave about how bad Windows is? :)

One day my friend, you'll become knowledgeable and experienced; then realize how bad ALL operating systems are.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like