back to article Full disclosh: Facebook to pay shareholders $35m over IPO non-disclosure claims

Facebook and its top execs have agreed to pay out $35m to get shareholders off their case over allegations the biz knew mobile use was affecting ad revenue before it went public in 2012. The company filed its initial public offering on May 17, 2012, when it sold more than 421 million shares at $38 per share, raising some $16bn …

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

So, if Facebook is the defendant then some Facebook shareholders are being paid some of their own money and some money belonging to other shareholders who aren't defendants, presumably, mostly the latter. What would be fair in these circumstances would be to make all shareholders plaintiffs. It would then be a zero-sum game except for the money that goes to the lawyers. I wonder how long it would take for shareholders to then realise that they're paying lawyers for nothing.

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Business income. Maybe you've heard of it?

2. ratfox

The lawsuit probably lost a lot of its bite now that the stock price is four times that of the IPO.

3. MJB7

Zero sum game

It *is* a zero sum game, but people who bought at IPO aren't the only players. The people who lose out from the payment are those who were shareholders *before* the IPO (including Mr Zuckerberg).

Somehow, I don't think this is going to leave him penniless.

4. Alister

I couldn't work out where dishcloths come into this story...

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Near the sink, silly! :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like