back to article Uh-oh! Someone hit the Kalanick button! Uber's fired CEO claims Waymo deal vindicates him

The man responsible for dragging the reputation of one of the tech world's biggest names through the mud, into the gutter, and in circles around raw sewage has claimed today's out-of-court Waymo-Uber settlement vindicates him. Yes, folks, Travis Kalanick is being a prick right to the very end. "As Uber’s statement indicates, …

1. Alistair
    Windows

There are moments in this world

--- I cannot comprehend why this idiot decided to raise his skull over the rim of the pit that he must have been hiding in lately. I rather suspect that the pit is a pothole and he's about to get run over by a self driving electric vehicle.

2. ecofeco Silver badge

Kalanick is THAT guy at the pub

Kalanick seems like that guy at the pub who won't shut up, likes to argue about everything and is always wrong.

3. redpawn

Always claim total vindication

It works for the powerful including our LSoT (Lying Sack of Trump).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Always claim total vindication

>powerful including our LSoT (Lying Sack of Trump)

Heard a good txt on the radio this morning - a listener said: "We've named our 14-year old Staffie Mr President 'cos all he does is trump"..

4. Cubical Drone

What a douche bag

Wonder when he will announce he is running for President.

1. Sandtitz Silver badge

Re: What a douche bag @Mr Drone

"Wonder when he will announce he is running for President"

Sad thing is that if he was to be named in the next preliminaries for either party1, around 50% of Americans would vote for him.

1 (just kidding, we all know which party it would be)

2. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
      Coat

Re: What a douche bag

Wonder when he will announce he is running for President.

He'd have been most at home, at the now disbanded Presidents Club

5. JohnFen

The Waymo thing

The Waymo thing was, of course, only one of a long laundry list of horrible things the company has done. And not even, in my opinion, the worst. Uber still needs to be put out of our misery.

6. Gotno iShit Wantno iShit

So that's it then...

The last chance for America to show itself and the world that behaving like a knut and a criminal for massive personal gain is unacceptable is over. And so the conclusion, given that Kalanick is now a cash billionaire, is that in America anything goes in the pursuit of riches.

What. A. Cuntry.

7. lglethal Silver badge
    Facepalm

It would be lovely if Waymo now turned around and said the statement from Kalanick is in breach of our agreement with Uber and therefore the trial will now go ahead. Oh and here is our evidence.

Alas, i dont see it happening. Pity...

8. Dog Eatdog
    Thumb Down

Criminal Trial

I wonder if the criminal trial will now have to be dropped if Waymo doesn't co-operate as a result of the settlement.

I'd be very sorry to see that happen.

1. JeffyPoooh
      Pint

Re: Criminal Trial

Witnesses may be compelled to cooperate; self-incrimination being one of hardly any exceptions.

Evidence can be forced out by subpoena.

It's not often entirely up to victims or witnesses to decide on prosecution, not without risk of legal hailstorm.

9. David 45

Trumpet

Sounds like he's had a session at the Trump school of how to make friends, gaining confidence and influencing people! Don't think I've even heard your learned president waffle so much!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A real assteroid

Kalanick should have been strapped into Musk's Roadster.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like