back to article ServiceNow unleashes its 'Kingston' release

ServiceNow has slipped into 2018 by slipping out a new release of its platform. “Kingston” debuted late last week. Unlike other software-as-a-service players, ServiceNow offers dedicated instances and lets its customers choose when to start using an upgrade rather than suddenly springing new functionality on all its users. …

1. RobertLongshaft

Software Asset Management HAHAHAHAHA

What total nonsense. Service Now say this rubbish with every release. Service Now cannot do Software Asset Management. Claims like these just cause good SAM professionals a headache when they have to explain to senior leadership that this piece of *#£$ ITSM tool cannot be used for Software Asset Management.

No ITSM tool can do SAM, not a single one. Period.

Service Now discovery is pure $&#% too!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Service Now

Rarely have two words been so inappropriately used in a product name.

1. Lysenko

Re: Service Now

Well, they named this release after "Hull on Earth" so they can be credited with some (unintentional) oblique honesty.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Company How?

I wonder how ServiceNow got to be a company. I've had to endure their product a few times, and whilst no ticketing systems are "great", SN is really way down the list towards the shit end of things. Having them anywhere near any other parts of the business seems like a very bad idea indeed.

1. Down not across

Re: Company How?

I've had to endure their product a few times, and whilst no ticketing systems are "great", SN is really way down the list towards the shit end of things.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. They've invented a whole new level way below any lists. I've used many ITSM tools over decades but SN really makes even the worst ones look good.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dear Reg

When did you start doing shameless plugs without mentioning it was a shameless plug?

Do you folks get it for free?

It would be nice if SNow started focusing on one area and making that good, rather than being the be-all-and-end-all

1. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Dear Reg

We don't use it.

We don't get it for free.

It's not a shameless plug.

I believe SN is a significant vendor and we like to make sure we cover significant vendors' new releases as they show how the company and its products are evolving.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like