back to article Some simple New Year's resolutions for vendors – lots of love, suffering IT grunts of world xox

With the start of a new year, we're encouraged to set big goals for our personal and professional lives. While the internet is full of the "Top Tech Predictions" for the coming year, one thing is certain: IT professionals will still be at the mercy of product vendors. That's how the relationship works. The big (and small) …

1. phuzz Silver badge

My resolution for 2018 is 2560x1080.

Not all games support it, but when they do it's great, and films look amazing.

2. GingerOne

If there is a client we will provide clear instructions for doing a silent install.

3. Peter2 Silver badge

IT professionals will still be at the mercy of product vendors. That's how the relationship works.

Is it? Nobody told me.

For years product vendors have been at the mercy of a short list what our firm is willing to spend, and an even shorter list of what i've been willing to buy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Resolution: the same as it always has been.

I got sick & fekkin' tired of the constant struggle to make & keep a new year's resolution, so about ~20 years ago I finally made one I could keep.

I resolved to never make another new year's resolution.

It's the first one I've managed to keep & I've been doing so for well over twenty years now.

Neener neener neener. =-)p plbplbplblblblblbbbbbbbhahahahahahha.

5. Adrian 4
    Happy

One more thing

The moon on a stick please. With ribbons.

6. herman

Hmm, is this the sister of the EEE PC lady?

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

"EEE PC lady?"

@herman

Hmm, is this the sister of the EEE PC lady?

Lets have a look...

https://regmedia.co.uk/2008/05/21/eee_girl_1.jpg

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm guessing the person who writes the article doesn't get to choose the stock photo for it.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Windows

How so?

"Just girly things"

2. SCuffy

Correct. The author is a brunette and uses a Surface Book.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like