back to article Hancock's hour: Minister of fun makes quips as GDPR questions cover old ground

UK digital minister Matt Hancock has been doing his best to help silly season live up to its name, injecting quips about sport and theatre among prosaic data protection questions. Yesterday he had the chance to entertain the House of Lords EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee, which had set out for him a fairly pedestrian set of post …

1. Rich 11

Fame at last!

Yesterday he had the chance to entertain the House of Lords EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee

And who amongst us would not relish such a heaven-sent opportunity?

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

I wonder if it would be possible for HoL committees to contract Paxo as a freelance interrogator for such occasions. ISTR he was pretty persistent with this sort of answering. Or possibly Lord Howard, he's already a member and has had the chance to observe how Paxo did it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I don't see how the makers of stuffing balls are going to be any good at asking questions.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You've clearly never had your balls stuffed.

I'm led to believe it leads to fast and accurate answers (in between the screaming in pain).

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There's a word in proper English for which I never had a referent. Gormless. Thank you for clearing that up Mr. Hancock.

4. EnviableOne
    Pint

Lord Paxo of Newsnight

5. Slx

I despair!

So, in other words, they hadn't realised this was going to be an issue and are now prepared to try to bluff their way out of it in a negotiation with people who are incredibly well briefed on every nuance of both EU and UK data protection laws.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like