back to article Barclaycard website goes TITSUP*

Barclaycard has admitted it is experiencing technical issues, with users complaining they can’t log in online or on their apps. According to DownDetector, the UK-based credit card biz's website has been experiencing problems since 8.40am this morning, GMT, with more than 200 reports within an hour. Barclaycard said on Twitter …

1. TheVogon

"Total Inability To Support Uptake of Presents-payment"

Transferred Internal Technical Support to Unskilled Peasants?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I asked about this and they said "who cares?", apparently I have an interest free account.

1. Excellentsword

ba-dum tss

2. MyffyW Silver badge

Alas it was perfectly capable of telling me exactly how much Christmas has cost me so far...

3. TrumpSlurp the Troll

Sign of things to come?

The more we have to rely on electronic banking the more TITSUP are reported.

Going to your local branch instead is less and less an option. I am charitably assuming that the internal banking networks do not have the same issues at the moment.

In this case it is a credit card company but credit cards are increasingly the main front end for spending money held in banks.

Moral - more than one card (Visa and Mastercard) and more than one banking group.

1. VinceH

Re: Sign of things to come?

"Moral - more than one card (Visa and Mastercard) and more than one banking group."

I have quite a few cards from various different banks, and they WERE a broad mix of Visa and Mastercard - but almost all* of the issuers have shifted over to Visa.

Even Barclaycard, the subject of this story - I originally had two with them, one Visa, one Mastercard. This became three when they acquired Egg (which I think was Visa at the time). And now all three are Visa.

* It might even be all; I'm not sure.

1. Super Fast Jellyfish

Re: Sign of things to come?

@VinceH - if you are still looking, Halifax do a mastercard with could rates for spending overseas.

4. davidp231

Wonder how long it will take to go from TITSUP, to SNAFUBAR.

5. cd

Is there anything good about Barclays?

6. Primus Secundus Tertius

Certificate problems

I have had problems in the past with Barclays online banking, when my browser has claimed there was an issue with certificates. I try again next day, no problems reported. Barclays have said to me, "No, we don't have those problems. Send us a screenshot if it happens again."

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hall of shame.

El Reg should start a new section called TITSUP. Then we can find all the banking, airline and telecoms failures in one place.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon