back to article Capita appoints back bencher baroness as non exec director

Public sector outsourcing favourite Capita has appointed House of Lords backbencher Lucy Neville-Rolfe as independent non-executive director. Baroness Neville-Rolfe previously served as Commercial Secretary to the Treasury, a Minister of State, and as Minister of State for Energy and Intellectual Property. Capita remains the …

1. BebopWeBop
    Facepalm

Let me

Be the first (probably of many) to wonder how this relates to troughs installed in revolving doors (it’s a wonder that pork fed that well manages to get though regular doors).

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Let me

Stop wondering. You should have attended the right school. If you did, you would not need to wonder.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Let me

Stop wondering. You should have attended the right school. If you did, you would not need to wonder.

She's another Oxbridge PPE graduate. I really think we need to round up those who have studded PPE, and all who have taught it, and introduce them to Zyklon B. I know that gets me the Godwin award fairly early, but we need to send a lesson to young people: Study something worthwhile.

2. Rono666

Jobs for the girls or boys.

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

We should not really complain

We should not really complain about gender discrimination when the girls are getting old boy's network preferential treatment.

Viva la Egalite.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

She doesn't half get about!

According to Wikipedia,

Tesco/ITV/Metro Group/Eurocommerce/2 Sisters Food Group and PWC.

Which then raises my eyebrow as she worked in the Ministry for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and is married to the permanent secretary from 92 - 00 who is also now a non-executive director of Arla (UK largest dairy company).

So my suspicion that politicians and mandarins are rewarded for what they do in office once they leave could actually be correct.

1. Mark 85

So my suspicion that politicians and mandarins are rewarded for what they do in office once they leave could actually be correct.

That's true in every government... a mantra as it were. In many cases, they are rewarded while still in office.

4. Chronos
    Facepalm

Once more unto the trough...

"Sinecure" is not a decongestant - in any context.

5. macjules

"Neville-Rolfe"

Isn't that the sound you make when you are retching dry?

6. 0laf

All aboard

The gravy train!

The Eton and Harrow coaches are up front and...well..that's all of them really.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At least it's not Baroness Dildo, this time

Good to see a different Baroness being given a chance...

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: At least it's not Baroness Dildo, this time

I have to admit, from the headline I was half expecting to read the Dido was moving into yet another highly paid position.

8. Arkyn

What a surprise...

From Capita's website: "Lucy will be appointed to the Nomination, Remuneration and Audit and Risk Committees on joining the Board."

This isn't suspicious in the least...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The blessed discourse continues....

How can they preach to developing countries about corruption? It's the same corruption, with an extra little finesse. It may be beautifully gilded, and presented on a Wedgewood Blue platter, but it's still a piece of shit, and it still stinks.

10. Arthur the cat Silver badge

not everyone has been happy with the outsourcer's performance

Gold medal deserving understatement. Bravo.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like