back to article Mozilla and Yahoo! trade sueballs over Firefox-Google search deal

The Mozilla Foundation and Yahoo! have flung sueballs at each other, after the former ended its deal to have the latter provide search results in the Firefox browser amid claims it hadn't been paid. Deals with search providers are big money-spinner for Mozilla, bringing in around US$300m a year and contributing around ninety …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yahoo Acquirer's leadership provided no vision, no structured, documented and vetted strategic path forward, and no assurances as to a commitment of the resources necessary to improve Yahoo Search such that it would meet” and then some more redaction cuts in.

In other words, Verizon did not Californicate. Why this does not surprise me.

In any case if Verizon forgot to pay the contractual sums it was obliged to pay it is an open and shut case.

2. Tascam Holiday
    FAIL

Yahoo! has a reputation that can be harmed!?

Yahoo! “... has suffered and will continue to suffer competitive injury to its business and reputation...

What reputation?

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: Yahoo! has a reputation that can be harmed!?

It's the long tail.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

1. This post has been deleted by its author

4. eJ2095

Yahoo

They still around....

1. Tigra 07

Re: Yahoo

As are AOL and Myspace...Dinosaurs of the internet...

1. JimboSmith Silver badge

I just had an email from someone who is still using an AOL address. So yes they're still around although I cannot think there are that many people using them still.

2. druck Silver badge
      Facepalm

Who didn't install Firefox and immediately change the default search away from Yahoo! ?

1. Chronos

Who didn't install Firefox and immediately add StartPage, DDG and DeepSearch then remove everything else?

I also have github as a provider but that's just me. I'm odd.

5. adam payne

Yahoo! “... has suffered and will continue to suffer competitive injury to its business and reputation, among other harm, and Mozilla’s material breaches and bad-faith conduct are a substantial factor in causing such harm.”

With the damage they caused themselves I can't see why Mozilla's decision would harm them further.

1. Tigra 07
      FAIL

RE: Adam

Yahoo should have bought Google when they had the chance. As i recall the asking price was a tiny $1 million...

1. Mark 85

Re: RE: Adam

Interesting concept based on the current status of both. Google wouldn't be what it is and Yahoo would still be a sinking ship.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

So it's all good then.

2. Tigra 07

In all likelihood they would have strangled the life out of Google and ended up in the same situation as now.

3. Yavoy

Yahoo's ship has sunk long ago...

1. Cynicalmark

I think Yahoo failed a long time ago -it not only sunk itself without trying, it formed a coral reef of despair for its remaining employees based on dinosaur management techniques.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like