back to article SAP fondlers: IoT? Machine learning? Woah there, we still don't understand licensing

Brit SAP users have little interest in adopting the German enterprise resource planning giant's self-branded "digital innovation system", Leonardo, citing licensing concerns as a barrier, according to a survey. In a poll of almost 400 UK and Ireland-based organisations using SAP, some 58 per cent said they have concerns about …

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Teutonic Endeavours Ich Dien .....

a "transparency centre", which aims to offer anonymous advice, take-up appears slow, and as both observers and the user group have pointed out, it can only provide generic answers to anonymised questions.

Methinks specific tailored for access answers to anonymised questions would realised a marked uptake in SAP Leading Systems ...... which can also not be SAP Leading Systems ..... with A.N.Others in the Enterprise Space/AIMarket Place.

Give someone/anyone what they want/what you think they want, and who directs whom and leads by example?

2. Lysenko

SAP

Oracle rapacity with Teutonic efficiency. One of the few non-Leisure Suit platforms I wouldn't want to touch with my worst enemy's 15ft bargepole.

1. AMBxx Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: SAP

SAP's cloud offerings have failed

HANA has turned out to be an expensive distraction.

All that's left is to screw their existing customer base.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: SAP

True, HANA was the answer to a question no one asked, "How can I get my back office accounting applications to run faster at the cost of millions of dollars?" Just a money grab. It may have back fired though. Trying to get customers to spend tons of cash on tech infrastructure just when everyone else has moved to SaaS so people don't need to care about that sort of thing.

Everyone seems to be moving off of SAP. Not the ERP, financial core, but CRM, HCM, SCM, BI, etc.

3. Wedgie

It’s all puff

The reason people aren’t buying into Leonardo is not licensing, it is that it is almost entirely without substance.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It’s all puff

True, engineered by marketing.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As one of my previous bosses put it..

If SAP is the answer, it must have been a fucking stupid question.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like