Increased level of rejections

This topic was created by nick_rampart .

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Increased level of rejections

Anecdotal browsing around seems to suggest an increased level of people's comments being rejected. Including one of mine. Mine was perhaps a mildly suggestive suggestion of an innuendo, but no worse than I and hundreds more commentards have happily posted in the past. And indeed, many of your headlines, sub headings and stories. Today you were bishop bashing, for example.

The humour in the writing and the comments here is the main reason I come to the site. Shame if it stopped. I'd not like a place I enjoy reading and contributing to, to change.

So.....

1. Is there a reason for this?

2. Anything changed that we should know about?

3. Why?

Hugs,

Nicolas Von Rampart.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Increased level of rejections

Hiya,

Well, from our end, we haven't stepped up rejections. It's biz as usual. So don't worry about some kind of puritanical crackdown.

You posted on an article where the comments went a bit nah so a mod stepped in to clean it up a bit. We all like cracking jokes, but maybe not about shooting your load in someone's mouth and making light of sexual assault reports. It's the sort of wisecrack that you say a party and it kills the group conversation dead. We've all been there, I think.

So anyway, don't take it personally. You can still comment. Please do comment! And thanks for posting. Just that one, out of your 290-odd other comments, was not great timing.

C.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"but maybe not about shooting your load in someone's mouth...."

That is not what I was suggesting. Honestly. I'd be most ashamed of myself if that's what I was meaning. It most certainly was not. I'm a great believer in 'putting the fucking shovel down' when digging, but without too much detail, I was suggesting any unpleasant flavour would be in my mouth.

"....and making light of sexual assault reports"

Guilty as charged....partially. Yep, I was making light of the current climate of harassment reports. I would not seek to make light of sexual assault. I'm a human, actually a middle aged human with two daughters.

I think perhaps suggestion is ultimately open to interpretation. And I think you've interpreted what I said incorrectly, certainly in the first part of your statement. I'll accept that you could have interpreted the second part of the statement in the way you did.

Anyway, response appreciated.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Ooops, re-reading that. I meant I appreciated your response. I wasn't asking for another response. Thanks again.

2. Aitor 1

I do take it personally, as my reasons for going into the website are that, personal.

I have been in the reg since it was founded (although I lost the details for my first account) by Mike, and

I must say I am just fed up.

I had one comment rejected fairly, but today I had one that makes no sense.

The quality of the articles has gently declined, and it is the community that really makes me come back, including the authors, etc.

Time to move on,as if I want pollitically correct content there are better sources.

Best of lucks and see you elsewhere.

1. Excellentsword

You've had five posts rejected in EIGHT YEARS.

2. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Altor

You've had 2 comments rejected this month, and before that way back in 2013. The rejected comments accused someone of fraud and another suggested someone committed homicide. So just take it easy and hold back on the wild accusations - cheers!

Also, we try to write for a big range of people; not every story is going to be your cup of tea. Readership is up ~20% year to date on the same period 2016, so we're obviously doing something right. And what we can't do is please all the people all the time.

But ta for reading. Hope you stick around.

C.

1. Aitor 1

Re: Altor

Well, I calmed down, I was going to delete the account, but ok, I guess I will stick arround.

One I agree, the fraud.. while I do think what I said, I agree it is wrong to post it like that, as otherwise it could be considered libel...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon