back to article MIT boffins hope to speed up analytics with GitHub-style platform

Boffins at MIT have proposed a GitHub-style collaborative platform to speed up one of the first, most challenging stages of data analysis. When faced with a large dataset, scientists need to first identify the features – individual measurable characteristics – of the variables. It's crucial the chosen features are good …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Looks like fun

This should prove useful just as design patterns have helped with developing software. It should also reduce mistakes in selecting characteristics* of interest before feeding the beasts.

* - Must we constantly change the nomenclature. This is my bloody (and it was often that metaphorically speaking) field! After I left the Navy, having spent a lot of time in modeling and analysis work which wasn't even my primary job. For decades we've talked about characteristics of the data collected and characterizing the data. Sheesh! /rant

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Oh, I thought finding the dependent variables was what scientists did as, well, science.

obviously not.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like