back to article KFC turns Japanese bath tubs into party buckets

A campaign launched in Japan has meant anyone partial to diving into a tub of finger lickin' good chicken now has the chance to literally do just that, thanks to the arrival of the KFC Bath Bomb. The deep fryer of genetically engineered birds plump poulets has teamed up with Japanese novelty retailer Village Vanguard to give …

1. sisk

A surefire hit with the opposite sex.

Well, I suppose that's one way to get someone to lick you...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"A surefire hit with the opposite sex."

Yes, especially if she keeps her hair so close to a burning candle...

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Professor Clifton Shallot

KFC's twitter account

Follows the five former Spice Girls and six chaps called "Herb".

So there is a thing that I like about that company.

These bath bombs do not make that two things.

4. wolfetone Silver badge
    Coat

The KFC Bath Bomb

That special present for Valentines Day, to ensure a finger lickin' good time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

e

Special for who? It's too risky at 50/50 for me. You're either getting in a tub full of breasts and thighs or one big tub of cock!

1. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge
        Pint

Re: e

There are times that I wish I could upvote a certain post more than once... But thanks for the good laugh anyway!

'ere, 'ave one on the hosue

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: e

Meh, par for the course for me.

I could land in a bucket of tits and I'd still end up sucking my thumbs.

5. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Thank you. This story reminds me to pop to the shop in town that sells banana-scented bubble bath. I want to get a silly present for someone.

As for bathing in KFC, yuck. Miso soup sounds much nicer...

6. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Coat

I'm with Marvin

"I'll think you'll find reality is on the blink again"

And this is indeed what we find

Must rush, the one with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy cassette tapes in the pocket, please. Doffs hat (black fedora today) to the late, great Douglas Adams.

7. rmason

Difficult to phrase this

Hard to phrase this without sounding like some sort of knuckle-dragger but:

The Japanese are bloody odd, aren't they?

Sweeping generalisations F-T-W.

1. Andrew Moore

Re: Difficult to phrase this

a lot less odd than Rick and Morty fans...

1. Aladdin Sane

Wubba lubba dub dub!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yet British celebrities climb into bathtubs of baked beans is probably normal to you?

8. Patched Out
    Coat

I heard ...

Anyone can get this for a poultry sum.

1. Throatwobbler Mangrove

Re: I heard ...

That's joke is fowl. I am not emused.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I was going to make a witty comment with an amusing choice of icon, but I'm too chicken to do it.

2. ecofeco Silver badge

Please don't egg him on!

9. psychonaut

KFC....any oportunity

to throw your bone in a greasy box

1. TheVogon

Re: KFC....any oportunity

"to throw your bone in a greasy box"

After you have finished with the breasts and the thighs....

1. psychonaut

Re: KFC....any oportunity

after you've finished licking the delicious crispy crumb off the legs and thighs?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At least you don't have to ask if it comes with a dip.

11. Pompous Git Silver badge

When you order in Japan...

... are you asked: "Would you like flies with that?"

1. PPK
      Stop

Re: When you order in Japan...

Ah, lazy stereotyping, and something of the Bernard Manning school of comedy about it...

But: I've just returned from my fourth trip to Japan, and encountered several instances of the distinctive mispronunciation that gave rise to the jokes of Chinese or Japanese describing something nice as 'rubbery'.

On researching this, the syllabary that the language is based on just doesn't have 'L' or 'V' sounds, instead the closest for them is 'R' or 'B'. A barman in a great craft beer bar talking about a midday meal said 'runch' before correcting himself, clearly frustrated at this (to him) difficult to tackle part of the English language. Ah well, I've only got to learn 46 Hiragana, 46 Katakana (plus diacritics), then heaven knows how many Kanji... easy!

Best instance I saw was signage on a building advertising an internet café called "Rounge"...

1. Geoffrey W

Re: When you order in Japan...

I know its a horrible stereotype and I'll burn in chip shop hell but I used to frequent a Chinese fish and chip shop know locally (and rather affectionately as she was a lovely lady) as "Effin' Elsies.", because the eponymous lady would hand you your chips and say "You want effin' else?"

12. Alistair
    Windows

KFC scented anything

I'm .... just ..... *shudders*

I get that stuff three or four times a year for the family - mostly as the kids will actually eat it and SWMBO likes it as a treat. Personally I find the aroma around the 'insta-box' stores that sell it horridly revolting, and the flavour only moderately passable as food. However I suppose in the long view I should attempt to find one and par boil myself......

(Now, if Swiss pigeon manages to come up with a bath bomb, I'll have to get bunch for SWMBO)

1. sisk

Re: KFC scented anything

I'm actually with you, but for good reason. Many moons ago I had a roommate who worked there and whose hygiene and general cleaning skills both left quite a lot to be desired. The whole apartment stank of rotten chicken grease. I finally told him to either do his damn laundry or at least keep his bedroom door closed so I didn't have to smell it. Ever since KFC has never been a place I go to willingly.

2. lglethal Silver badge
      Go

Re: KFC scented anything

During high school numerous of my friends worked in fast food joints. My friends pretty much covered them all KFC, Maccas, Burger King, etc. The only one of my friends who would eat at his own Restaurant was the guy that worked at KFC (he quite happily took home any leftovers at the end of the night). The others wouldnt touch their food.

Needless to say, if we went out for fast food, KFC was the only place we went. Now admittedly thats one small city's fast food joints and nearly 20 years ago, but I've always taken that as a good indicator of whats edible or not...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

Pfft, anyone who knows anything about KFC...

would want a gravy-scented bathbomb.

(Icon shows my keyboard after combining a KFC lunch with some spreadsheet work.)

14. Dave 126 Silver badge

From the country that gave us the Burger King Windows 7 Whopper. I'm not kidding.

15. hatti

Yum

Lovely, that would be great with some baconnaise shower gel and a side of cole slaw.

Getting peckish now

1. David 132 Silver badge
      Happy

Re: Yum

Lovely, that would be great with some baconnaise shower gel and a side of cole slaw.

Speaking of which, I always hoped that the BBC would do a Crimewatch type program focusing on the legal profession and hosted by the geezer who played Arthur Daley... solely for the glorious opportunity to call it Cole's Law.

1. Frumious Bandersnatch

Re: Yum

> Cole's Law

Huh? You mean the one mandating thinly-sliced cabbage?

(ISBN 0843106743, IIRC)

16. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Something to crow about, and have a clucking good time?

17. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Sure. Why not.

18. ecofeco Silver badge

To use an old phrase...

WTF Japan?!

19. raving angry loony

Christmas

For reference, one of the most "traditional" Christmas meals in Japan is KFC. Since "Christmas" is just one of those foreign fads for the most part, why not?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like