back to article Australian PM Turnbull's AU$1.1bn 'Ideas boom' revealed as a bust

Australia's National Audit Office has published a rather unflattering assessment of prime minister Malcolm Turnbull's signature policy, the “National Innovation and Science Agenda”. Branded as an “Ideas Boom”, the Agenda was delivered just weeks after Turnbull's ascent to the top job in 2015. But the Audit Office (ANAO) says …

1. CentralCoasty
    Pint

Where's my Pork Barrel?

What?!??!?

You mean I'm not getting something of value out of my $1.1bn Pork Barrel?

Oh well.... Suppose its our own fault for voting (for him or any of the other parties!).

Anyone for a beer? Think I need one now......

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The only thing Turnbull has achieved is tax cuts for his mates and himself in business. Everything else, from electricity to pensions and superannuation and broadband has been an unmitigated disaster.

1. FozzyBear
      Happy

You did leave out his major achievement. To be universally despised.

It either takes years of effort or raw talent to achieve that.Only dictators and Trump could possibly make the same claim

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Turnbull, the thinking-man's Trump

Just a bit smarter.

4. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

"Policy hastily cobbled together using woolly advice, lacked clear objectives, measurements"

That describes the last four years.

(And possibly much of the last ten, but if you're going to go back that far you might well need to keep going.)

5. CFtheNonPartisan

This would be a surprise because? This could be one of their best efforts, even falling flat on its face.

6. Pu02

Optional

"On the issue of planning and governance, the report offers these observations:

Assessing the impact of the package as a whole is also likely to be challenging."

A challenging what?

Perhaps they meant to say "...the impact of the package as a whole is also likely to a Changling"?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like