back to article Get out your specs: Java EE's headed to the Eclipse Foundation

Oracle has named the Eclipse Foundation as the new host for Java Enterprise Edition, but said the platform won’t get to keep its name. The decision to make Java EE - which is already developed in open source - fully open was announced last month, with Oracle’s David Delabassee saying it was in a bid to make it “more agile and …

1. Cynical Observer
    Trollface

A quick trawl of slang terms for coffee (via http://www.coffee.org/blog/20-slang-terms-for-coffee/ ) turned up Jitter Juice at number 8

Seems quite appropriate as EE is about to go to V8 - there will be many a nervous tic to take account of.

2. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

So -

What then - "Java: Deep Space Nine"?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tar Pit

Would be my choice.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Nespresso

would be mine

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

turdMountain(); // :-(

...is mine. It cleverly includes some Java syntax too.

2. sawatts

Re: Nespresso

Netspresso?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's that, a sensible opinion from a Gartner analyst?

One more death knell for EE. The Eclipse Foundation is where projects go to die. I spend 90% or more of my time working with Java and the JVM doing "enterprise" things in all of its terrible forms and even I would not touch EE with a bargepole unless presented with absolutely no other choice.

5. Lysenko
  6. druck Silver badge
    Meh

Sueball?

Oracle may be open sourcing it, but they are keeping the name and no doubt the right to sue anyone else using the headers for their own implementation, as they are doing with google.

7. warrenmnocos

Java CE - Java Cloud Edition

Sounds more modern and catchy, especially for folks working on microservices, which I believe the direction Java EE is going, especially now that they could merge Microprofile into it.

8. Aodhhan

So who's shocked Oracle is once again dropping the security ball onto the shoes of everyone but themselves?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like