back to article nbn™ cracks the $1bn revenue barrier, cracks whip on tardy retailers

nbn™, the organisation building and operating Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN), has reported annual revenues of AU$1,001m for the year ending June 30, 2017, and says it's ahead of target for construction and uptake. The company says that as of June 30th it had 5, 713,350 premises ready for service, of which 2,443, …

1. Magani
    Megaphone

Be like Lionel Blair and Give Us A Clue

"...he said nbn™ has collected statistics that tell it which are problem children."

My guess is a 2 syllable name starting with either 'O' or 'T'.

2. JJKing
    Flame

Morrow, what a clown.

Morrow said this happens each time nbn™ adopts a new technology and that with hybrid fibre-coax (HFC) and fibre-to-the-curb (FTTC) builds now accelerating he hopes to learn from the glitch period on other builds to smooth things out this time around.

If they had stayed with FTTP then there would have been no need to keep changing technologies.

I am not surprised there are fewer signing up for the top tier because under FTTN most are unable to attain 100mbps. Don't blame people for not subscribing to something that is not attainable due to their and the liberals incompetence.

Top shot of the "buffering". It say it all really.

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

Re: Morrow, what a clown.

"Don't blame people for not subscribing to something that is not attainable due to their and the liberals incompetence."
      I find 12 Mb/s on FW unattainable and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the Liberals.

Ookla

It's actually slightly faster than usual today.

1. Robert Heffernan

You're doing better than I (http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6544417274).

All of Albury shares a single FW tower for everyone who can't get FTTN. So over subscribed and underprovisioned for NBN backhaul that no matter the ISP your connection sucks.

This is nothing like the next-gen broadband service we were promised by a long shot. Heads need to roll.

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

"You're doing better than I..."
          At the time I took the test.

Ookla

"This is nothing like the next-gen broadband service we were promised by a long shot. Heads need to roll."
          If you think of a way we can implement that without suffering dire consequences, let me know. I'd like to help!

2. TReko

And in today's Canberra Times the news of more jobs for the boys:

Malcolm Turnbull's former chief of staff Drew Clarke named to NBN Co board

3. CFtheNonPartisan

What a self serving arrogant clown. He reflects those who appointed him. The business model is as faulty as the preponderance of not fit for purpose technologies. NBN gets guaranteed revenue and the RSPs take all the risk while the customers just suck it up. Does it ever get better even in a ponzi scheme?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like