back to article Taxi app investor SoftBank said to be driving at multibillion-dollar stake in Uber

Japanese firm SoftBank is reportedly aiming to take a multibillion-dollar stake in Uber, just days after it stumped up cash for Singaporean ride-sharing biz Grab's latest investment round. According to the Wall Street Journal, SoftBank has approached the lawsuit-ridden taxi app maker about gaining a large stake in the company …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

operating in 65 countries in Southeast Asia

My knowledge of geography isn't all that it could be, but are there really that many countries in south east Asia?

1. Alistair

"in 65 countries in Southeast Asia"

"but are there really that many countries in south east Asia?"

I suppose that depends on one's definition of "South" "East" and "Asia".

Given that this was extracted from the Bailmeout Failure Wall Street Journal and is likely based on a "bullshitPress Release" from some "Financial fuckwitsInstitution" I find that such is quite a common error.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

SoftBank running out of ideas, but with too much money to spend?

It'll all in tears, I just know it.

3. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    WTF?

"described this as the biggest investment in a taxi firm in Southeast Asia."

FTFY.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yandex + Uber: 59.3% + 36.6%

Which equals 96.9%. I wonder where the other 3.1% went? Probably a bribe to Putin and his cronies...

5. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad

Bah

Why would you drive a multibillion-dollar stake when a simple wooden stake would do?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like