back to article Google's Larry Page faces four-hour grilling in Waymo-Uber spat

Google's cofounder Larry Page has been told to submit himself to four hours of questioning from Uber's lawyers in the Waymo self-driving vehicle trade secrets battle. The decision [PDF] by US magistrate judge Jacqueline Scott Corley came at a case hearing on Friday, and is included in a huge document dump following the session …

1. Jr, 4242

Despite losing its effort to get a hold of Lyft documents, Uber hailed the hearing and its upshot as a victory, claiming that Waymo effectively admitted there was no use of its technology at Uber and was now "resorting to floating conspiracy theories not rooted in fact." ®

Yeah, I didn't quite get the same thing that Uber got from their 'victory'. Uber does like to spin crap, don't they.

2. Baldrickk

Uber's argument that it needed to see its rival's corporate secrets to determine whether they were actually secrets...

Uber were trying to get hold of a rival's secrets, at a hearing about them (possibly) having obtained another rivals secrets?

1. Aladdin Sane

I think I saw this on an episode of Suits.

3. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"Uber's lawyers' strategy appears to be to tar Google/Waymo with the same brush of dirty tactics they are alleging against Uber."

Mob tactics. Again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like