back to article Oracle CEO Mark Hurd scoops up $17.4m from 350,000 share sales

Oracle head honcho Mark Hurd has sold 350,000 shares in his company for a cool $17.4m. That's the same as the second Guardians of the Galaxy film took at its previews back in May. Hurd is no doubt looking to take advantage of Big Red's recent boost in share prices after a very healthy, cloud-fed Q4. The Reg wondered what he …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well I got that wrong.

It appears that crime, and being a lying sleazebag (see why he was fired from HP), does pay after all.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Well I got that wrong.

He knows nothing about tech... nothing. He was recently talking about how Oracle's small cloud outfit did not need as many regional data centers as AWS, Google Cloud and Azure... because his data centers have Exadatas. Totally not understanding the concept of network latency.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You don't even need to know anything about computing to understand that... you just need to know that when you send a letter in the mail from New York to London, it takes longer than when you send a letter from London to London. Larry Ellison has to be embarrassed by that sort of thing as Larry does know his tech.

2. TheVogon

"That sort of lolly could buy you 15 million Soleros"

Or a few dozen Oracle licences....

2. Disgruntled of TW
    WTF?

Quiet news day?

... if this is considered news.

3. Miss Lincolnshire

As an ex HP employee....

... I am delighted for him.

After all that massive 5% salary cut that he took in solidarity with the workers demonstrated what a truly caring, role model of a boss he was.

What's that? He didn't apply the cut to his bonuses you say? I'm shocked.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. PaulyV

15 million Solaro's

...or 4 Magnum's

1. Korev Silver badge

Re: 15 million Solaro's

Blue Steel surely...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 15 million Solaro's

or 4 Magnums with added Polonium for some extra bite?

Bitter? well all the people ejected from HP under his watch are still just that. I was let go earlier on mutual agreed terms but later on it got very messy with whole very profitable teams just told to go on gardening leave.

All a trial run for Meg though.

Those two have a lot to answer for.

6. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    WTF?

WTF?

"....five-bed, eight-bath condo...." Whaaaaaat?!? One for each day of the week and a second bath every Sunday? Does she have a serious water fetish?

1. Tikimon

Re: WTF?

A private bath per bedroom for occupants and house guests, plus a couple more for visitors' use to let the residents keep theirs private. It does allow the Loo O' The Day trick though.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like