back to article Minister says Oz Medicare breach was crims, not hackers

The fallout from Australia's Medicare card number leak continued yesterday afternoon, with Minister for Human Services Alan Tudge trying unsuccessfully to hose down the flames. In an afternoon press conference, Tudge seemed to suggest that “the Medicare machine”, who is using a marketplace on the Tor network to sell …

1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Facepalm

Not hackers! Crims!

No worries.

(phew, that was close)

Proof that any fool can call themselves a Minister.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not hackers! Crims!

that doesn't prove he can shpellll nimister... absolute oxygen thives run this country!

2. Kinesia

Nothing gets fixed until politicians are held _personally_ account for the results of their policies in both money and jail time.

They sign it off, they even vote for it then they are liable, not the people forced to implement it (Since they never have adequate funding, planning or time).

3. sanmigueelbeer
    Facepalm

Keep calm and have a beer

Don't worry, heads will roll. Right, Malcom?

1. GrumpyOldBloke

Re: Keep calm and have a beer

This is minor, just a dry run for the metadata leaks we all know are coming.

4. Meph

Not a cyber-security breach...

Just a breach...

of the security systems...

on some IT equipment...

While I understand that there's a distinction between the two, its an incredibly fine one. Especially considering that trusted insiders are recognised as a valid threat to ICT security. Not to mention the fact that we are talking about personal information belonging to taxpayers.

5. Adam 1

My name is

My name Alan Tudge. My date of birth is 24 February 1971. Here is $30.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon