back to article Linus Torvalds and Greg Kroah-Hartman both have new Linux in mind

Linux lords Linus Torvalds and Greg Kroah-Hartman have clarified Linux's short term future. Torvalds took to the Kernel Mailing List to announced release candidate six of Linux 4.12, along with his fervent hope that “this would be a normal release cycle where rc7 is the last rc.” If so, that will mean Linux 4.12 will get its …

1. chrismevans

Google+

Yeah, no dissent because he posted it on Google+ - no-one is listening.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Google+

I'm personally glad that Google+ is no Facebook. There's a lot of very bright people posting on it, especially from the Linux development world, without being drowned out by a billion 12-year-old Miley Cyrus fans.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

>I'm personally glad that Google+ is no Facebook. There's a lot of very bright people posting on it,

What's it like working for the Chocolate Factory? I used to enjoy how there would be like 27k FB likes of a news item and like 17 +1 or whatever back in the day. That said we can agree Farceb0rk sucks ass but well Google+ is not even relevant enough to have an opinion about these days.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"like 27k FB likes of a news item and like 17 +1 or whatever back in the day"

I haven't the faintest idea what you are trying to say.

2. Lamont Cranston

re: Miley Cyrus fans

Stop sending Friend Requests to 12 year olds?

2. Jedibeeftrix

4.14 LTS ready for SLES 15 and Ubuntu 18.04 - time to get your act together AMD with DC!

AMD missed the 4.13 windows for getting the GPU display stack (DC) into the kernel, if they don't pull it off for 4.14 then a lot of Suse Leap/SLES 15 users and Ubuntu 18.04 users are going to be miffed, because I doubt a drop that size will be backported.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We ever going to see V5 with some fresh thinking?

For a moment I thought there would be a new Linux - rather than an insignificant minor version release.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like