back to article Israel gets spooky with national quantum lab

Israel has entered the quantum communications arms race, announcing it's going to build a national demonstrator for “spooky” communications. Don't get too excited: the network isn't going to protect ordinary punters' communications yet. The NIS 7.5 million (US$2.13 million) project is an academic demonstrator to be built at …

1. DropBear

Put in front of hackers to see what they think

I salute that approach. I swear I'm only mildly paranoid but I get twitchy too when told "it's unbreakable by definition, nothing to see here, move along..."

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Put in front of hackers to see what they think

The quantum bit is completely unbreakable.

The terminals at both ends, the routing, the authentication, the machine you are displaying the message on however ...

Like HTTPS on ebay, it confirms that your credit card details are perfectly encrypted on their way to the scammer on the other end of the transaction

2. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge
    Joke

Rockin' all over the world

Presumably everyone else can build their own lab, sit back and and rely on entanglement to give them every discovery Israel comes up with.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Holmes

Re: Rockin' all over the world

Given that it is Israel we are talking aboutm Jehova is sure to decorrelate such attempts at freeloading!

As for the case for enriched uranium, secrets diffuse into Israel, not out of it.

will use single photons as the communications medium

Shurely "will use (entangled) photons as the correlation medium" would be the correct way of putting it.

1. bollos
        Alert

"..secrets diffuse into Israel, not out of it."

indeed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efxLhJDtoiY

3. MonkeyNuts.Com
    Joke

Surely success in this field by Israel means they accept a two state solution?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like