back to article Situation normal, blurts T-Mobile, while network continues to crap itself

Word of T-Mobile US outages has reached customers, social media, support representatives and The Register – just not the network's marketing team. A T-Mobile spokesperson told The Register in an email at 13:30 BST on 12 June that "all is operating normally". But El Reg spoke with two support staff who confirmed that there are …

1. Andy 97

According to The Independent, Three has gone tango-uniform today.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

According to a Three user here, my Three SIM cannot be called from non Three numbers... Which would be fine, if I weren't waiting on a call from an agent about the next gig... :-/

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Mine has been fine, which is odd, because Three have been utterly incommunicado as in no calls at all coming through in Cheltenham for the last week.

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

no calls at all coming through in Cheltenham

So Three have found a way to stuff GCHQ - quick, where do I get my SIM.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

THERE/s A saying in my trailag park.

If you SHITT on yer hands, DONT CLAP,

3. sal II

Time zones

13:26 BST

04:00 PST

03:30 EDT

Is it too much to ask to convert all the quoted times i na single time zone, so we can get a clearer picture of the timeline...

1. FrankAlphaXII

Re: Time zones

No kidding. UTC exists for a reason.

2. Avatar of They
      Thumb Up

Re: Time zones

And for UK readers where none of those make sense. :) So perhaps a GMT in brackets (or UTC I suppose)

4. Anonymous Custard
    Trollface

SNAFU

A T-Mobile spokesperson told The Register in an email at 13:30 BST on 12 June that "all is operating normally". But El Reg spoke with two support staff who confirmed that there are ongoing outages throughout the US.

We're talking a mobile network provider here - all is normal and outages throughout the country could quite easily both describe the situation at any given time...

5. yoganmahew
    Coat

Shuda

writ it in Erlang :|

6. FrankAlphaXII

I don't seem to have been affected. I'm on Project Fi, switched when I got a Pixel, but I keep my phone locked on T-Mobile with carrier switching disabled because Sprint's network in Central New Mexico kind of sucks and US Cellular doesn't serve this area. I had no idea there was an outage until I read this actually and if prepaid was/is affected it probably should have affected Project Fi users, even though Fi is the most postpaid-like prepaid MVNO there is.

7. Unoriginal Handle

"T-Mobile never notifies the customer when there's an issue," she says.

Of course they don't - they can't get through :)

8. CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Marketing teams..

.. very rarely inhabit the same universe as the rest of us. Maybe the T-Mobile interdimensional portal is broken..

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"her 20-year-old daughter, who is traveling abroad, has been receiving text messages out of order and is unable to use data"

#FirstWorldProblems

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like