back to article Kremlin hackers' new target: Montenegro

The prolific Kremlin-backed hacking crew blamed for attacking the US Democratic National Committee last year has targeted the Montenegro government with cyberattacks, according to cybersecurity company FireEye. The assaults were motivated by Montenegro's decision to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), a move …

1. J.Smith
    WTF?

Montenegro

Montenegro, isn't that racist?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Montenegro

How?! Negro is the Spanish word for the colour black. The whole world does not revolve around the English language.

2. Stork Silver badge

Not at all - in Portuguese (and Spanish I think) it means dark hill. There is a Montenegro near Faro airport.

As we are OT: The n-word has it's origin in Spanish/Portuguese negro, meaning dark. In Portuguese, using "negro" about persons corresponds socially to the use of black in English - whereas "preto" (black) is like saying "negro" in English (old-fashioned and _not_ PC)

1. wolfetone Silver badge
        Trollface

Sure they're not just trying to hack a Montego?

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

My Nan used to buy wool for knitting in "nigger brown".

I'm hoping that's been changed in the last few decades...

"My Nan used to buy wool for knitting in "nigger brown".

I'm hoping that's been changed in the last few decades..."

Well they've removed "n*gger" from Elvis Costello's "Oliver's Army" song.

Fair enough, maybe. But the "white" that preceeds the word is still there. Which is stupid, as "white nigger" was/is a term the Britiah Army used when shooting at dealing with catholics in the North.

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

In the remake of the Dam Busters film, Guy Gibson's dog was going to be called "Digger". I hope that was just a publicity ploy.

A fairly minor offence in the "Great New Hollywood History of the World". See (or rather don't go to see) U-571.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

I saw it on ITV a few years ago, and they dubbed it to Trigger. Not very well. But last time I saw it, they'd left it alone.

However I heard Peter Jackson interviewed and he said that it just wasn't worth the arguments with the money people and the studios. It really doesn't matter what the dog's called, so it's better to change it rather than needlessly offend people. It's not like this is a serious attack on his artistic freedom. Or just write the dog out of it.

2. Captain Badmouth
    Big Brother

Poor buggers..

Trump shoves them around at the G7 (or whatever it was I forget) and the Russki's are digging away at their IT real estate.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FireEye, the company that always sees reds under the bed without looking. Anyone would think they have a contract to stir the sh*t to keep the weapon manufacturers in business especially when one of them has over priced non working fighter jets for sale.

Kevin Madina, sounds like, "Will blame his coffee going cold on Russian hackers".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like