back to article Ex-West Ham winger charged twice over cybershenanigans

Detectives from Operation Falcon, the Metropolitan Police's cybercrime unit, have charged a footballer with two fraud-related offences. 22-year-old Blair Turgott began his career as a youth player at West Ham, and most recently played for Leyton Orient where he was celebrated for scoring what fans believed was the team's best …

1. wolfetone Silver badge

Ah

Explains why he would never sign for me in Football Manager.

1. Solarflare

Re: Ah

You mean that he recognised that you had laundered a lot of money in order to allow Dagenham and Redbridge to launch a £340,000,000 bid for Messi?

1. m0rt

Speaking of money laundering, I have an idea for footballer transfers. Instead of agents etc, we should create an auction style system. We could call it PlayBay and only take 1% of all auctions values.

Drunk Managers bidding for top players late on a Saturday night.

2. wolfetone Silver badge

"You mean that he recognised that you had laundered a lot of money in order to allow Dagenham and Redbridge to launch a £340,000,000 bid for Messi?"

It just so happened my friend wanted to manage Barcelona at the same time I was playing, and he let me have Messi for £10,000 because my friend fined him 4 weeks wages for no reason.

I wouldn't call it laundering.

2. Robert Moore
    Coat

It had to be said.

http://www.bluffball.co.uk/

3. Potemkine Silver badge

Ah, football...

Romans had Circus Games, we have Football to calm the Plebe: a spectacle played by stupid people, watched by stupid people, for the enrichment of cupid people.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like