back to article Florida Man can't pause cycle on Samsung 'exploding' washing machine lawsuit

Samsung was handed a rare win this week when a judge decided not to pause its defense of a lawsuit over faulty washing machines. Judge Donald Middlebrooks of the Florida Southern US District Court this week denied a request from Plaintiff Kenneth Menzer that his class-action lawsuit against the Korean electronics giant be put …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Violently disassembling themselves ?

You mean something like this ?

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

Re: Violently disassembling themselves ?

That's not self-disassembly! That's what you do to washing machines caught downloading vacuum-cleaner pron from the interwebs...

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Still, it's oddly fascinating to watch.

1. 's water music
          Gimp

>>That's not self-disassembly! That's what you do to washing machines caught downloading vacuum-cleaner pron from the interwebs..

Still, it's oddly fascinating to watch.

I've never seen any but can you recommend a good source? (asking for a IOT washing machine)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good idea, wrong country

"The Korean mega-corp still faces a major corruption case in its home country that includes charges CEO-in-waiting Jay Y Lee bribed associates of impeached President Park Geun-hye to approve a 2015 merger with Chell Industries."

While in the corrupt USandA:

"[Any] mega-corp [never] faces a major corruption case in [the USA] that includes charges [that a] CEO [or their operatives] [gave lobbying gifts to] associates of [any US Representative] to approve [any] merger with [another company, so long as big profits, revoking of customer privacy, and more lobbying gifts are forthcoming]."

Corruption seems to be the law of the land in the US, and not ever frowned upon. So, I guess I better get in on the act and get me mines, before they gets there's!

Morals and ethics... only relevant if you have no money to pay off the reps/judges/etc?

1. goldcd

Re: Good idea, wrong country

After Al-Yamamah, HSBC, Rolls Royce etc.. I'm starting to think our moral high-ground is a smidge shakey.

3. 404

I own one of these washers and took the repair option - it is no longer 'high efficiency' as the spin cycle has been neutered, leaves the laundry very wet and unsatisfied. The cabinet is loose and won't tighten up.

That washer was a stud before Samsung/DirectTV fixed it... now it's no better than a standard missionary top loader.

;)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Mushroom

There's a monster in the basement...

"That washer was a stud..."

That's what led to the lawsuits; That machine is too much washer. The over-powered SOB is great when things go right, but let one little malfunction happen and blamo! You're lucky if it only takes out your fine linens, and heaven help the poor pussy catnapping on top!

1. nijam Silver badge

Re: There's a monster in the basement...

Catnapping, eh? New jargon, methinks!

1. CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: There's a monster in the basement...

Catnapping

Verb: "To sleep 18 hours a day"..

Not that I'm envious. At all. Honest.

4. hatti

Just Wondering

Were his whites any whiter if he took the doorstep challenge?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like