back to article UN staff demand ouster of controversial WIPO boss Francis Gurry

United Nations staff are demonstrating in Geneva this afternoon to demand the ousting of Francis Gurry, the controversial boss of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO). The collective action of staff associations in calling for the removal of a UN agency head is certainly irregular, but Gurry's reign at WIPO has …

1. Chris G

Are we sure

That Gurry is not actually Batistelli in a wig?

1. Bronek Kozicki

Re: Are we sure

Not much of a wig, that is.

1. Chris G

Re: Are we sure

That was a joke, strangely Batistelli and Gurry look remarkably similar, which one do you think is the clone?

2. Peter2 Silver badge

Precisely who actually has the authority to remove this clown, and for what reason is it not being exercised?

3. Your alien overlord - fear me

Sounds a bit like a certain ex-FIFA charirman who refused to go.

4. Alistair
    Joke

No, No, No, we need Gurry, he's a really great guy, and he's got uuuuuge plans, big plans, really great plans for the WIPO. And, and, and he's a great environmentalist.

5. lglethal Silver badge
    WTF?

What is it with Patent Organisations around the World and their bloody leaders???

The European Patent Office has Battistelli acting like a complete d%&k and needing to be removed by the EU. With the EU naturally failing to do that.

The World Intellectual Property Organisation has Gurry acting like a complete d%&k and needing to be removed by the UN. With the UN naturally failing to do that.

The US Patent Office is broken (although that cant be blamed on the guy at the top this time), and needs for the US Government to sort it out. With the US Government naturally failing to do that.

I'm seeing a pattern here, and I dont like it very much!

6. bleedinglibertarian

non-issue

With the great and fearless Donald leading America to leave the UN and push the UN headquarters out of New York,. their jobs aren't secure anyways.

7. eldakka

" but Gurry's reign at WIPO has been peppered by irregularities."

And WW2 was just a minor police action I suppose?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like