back to article Capita: 2,250 jobs cut, more offshoring, more robots... Merry Xmas!

Troubled outsourcing giant Capita is reacting to a post-Brexit slowdown by confirming it will axe roughly 2,250 staff, which includes sending more jobs to India and using robots to automate certain parts of the operation. The company will also try to flog off parts of the sprawling empire, bits that are no longer deemed part …

1. kmac499

Petard by hoisted (please re-arrange)

Please tell me they got McKinsey in to advise them how to rightsize to the new opportunity..

2. James 51

I feel sorry for the floor staff who are getting axed but it feels like the management at crapita are doing something to be seen to be doing something. If the actually delivered products on time and to spec I can't help but wonder if this would be necessary.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If the actually delivered products on time and to spec I can't help but wonder if this would be necessary.

You must be joking, they make their money from the overruns and cockups.

1. ecofeco Silver badge

You must be joking, they make their money from the overruns and cockups.

The old fashioned IBM way!

3. macjules
    Coffee/keyboard

I should be weeping ..

...but I am too busy laughing my f*cking head off. Now what about the remaining 72,250?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As a member of staff within Asset Services, I think the only positive we got out of this announcement this morning was that we won't have Capita ITES to deal with anymore. That's music to the ears of anyone who has ever had the "joy" of working with them.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not prepared to take that from CAS....remind us how many W2K3 servers have you still got on your own domain ?? Oh yes, and all those WinXP PCs still in use. And those internally written apps that you've failed to keep up to date so you can't now get away from WinXP.

You all slag off ITES yet you aren't prepared to spend a bean on sorting it out. Well the other good thing about ITES being removed is that the subsequent 'drains up' regarding CoOp and other CAS deals is that it has now exposed just how you deflected all your cr*p onto ITES by expecting us to fix your historical bad decisions and poor management. Reap as you have sown!

Glad I'm shot of Capita now.

1. Mark 110

"Glad I'm shot of Capita now."

I think I may have have dodged a bullet recently as they decided I was over qualified to work on a their contract with Manchester Police. Apparentlly while I was a good fit for the role they wouldn't have known what to do with me when the delivery finished.

Anyway - give it about 18 months and expect to see their failure to deliver that contract to be in these pages . . .

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Copy Cats

They've nicked Fujitsu's script and game plan.

1. Julz

Re: Copy Cats

I think there have been many others there before Fujitsu...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"You always know a Capita Joe"

But Fujitsu doesn't grow by buyouts at least has good products?

2. ecofeco Silver badge

Re: Copy Cats

No honor among thieves.

6. Hans 1
    Unhappy

Brexit ?

Ooops, I must be the only one to notice this, they blame Brexit ? Has not even started yet, even looks like Brexit is not going to happen after all ...

This sucks, feel sorry for the guyz affected by this, never good to lose your job, even @crapita.

BTW, el reg, why did you leave out the "r" in this article, it is and has always been Crapita .

7. trevken

Crapita strikes again.

I was made redundant by them a few months ago. I worked in ITES. Biggest government leaches that ever did exist. The worst side of privatisation. Run by narcissistic salespeople.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like