Software For Video Creation.

This topic was created by waltercarroll .

1. waltercarroll

Software For Video Creation.

I have to create video presentations for my working projects. Could you advise me some programs that will really help? That should be something different from Power Point presentation. That should be something like a clip.

1. Lotaresco

Re: Software For Video Creation.

"I have to create video presentations for my working projects. Could you advise me some programs that will really help?"

You don't mention which OS you are using. Is this a case of "there is only Windows!"?

If not, you can make impressive videos with a soundtrack using the Photos (was iPhoto) app on OSX or an iOS device.

If you are using Linux (or MacOS or Windows) and can cope with a command line you can make videos using ffmpeg which can be used to trim, join, resize, convert formats and convert an image to a video clip. It will add sound to avideo track and it's fast[1] and efficient. Steep learning curve.

[1] On a 3.4GHz i7 some video operations can be done at 8,000 fps which is impressive. OK these are trivial tasks but seem to be the ones that are done often such as stripping the audio from a file so that you can add your own soundtrack.

2. sophialiu

Re: Software For Video Creation.

DVD creator may help you.

2. aryutry112

Windows Movie Maker is a free video editing tool for Windows and users can make home movies by simple drag-and-drop. It contains features such as video effects, video transitions, adding titles/credits, audio track, timeline narration, and Auto Movie. What's more, new effects and transitions can be added and existing ones can be modified using XML code.

1. RanjitShankar

Software for Video Creation

I appreciate @Walter Bishop for the list of video creation software that he might have been used or experienced... But, I have an experience with 'Windows Movie Maker' which is a free and easy video editing tool for the users who are looking for basic designs... Good suggestion!

3. Anonymous Coward
  4. JennyPaulker

Well, There are number of tolls available, by using those you can make tremendous video with sound plus effect as well.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon