back to article This MySpace investor keeps spamming Google with lawsuits – and the ad giant just wants him to stop

Google has asked a US court to stop a former MySpace investor from repeatedly filing suit against it. The web advertising giant this week told (PDF) the US District Court for Northern California that Brad Greenspan has been burdening its lawyers and racking up its legal bills by constantly filing motions in a lawsuit that was …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"El Reg was unable to reach Greenspan for comment, but we'll update this story if we hear from him."

He's too busy filing motions to reply to requests for comment

1. Kimo
      Holmes

Check his MySpace page for updates...

1. Oengus

Google him...

2. karlp

Unintended consequences.

I do not know of not care to apeculate on the particulars of this mans circumstances. What he seems to have lost sight of however is that there is a point in any situation where staying the course in the face of increasing odds may have unintended consequences.

I don't necessarily see the wisdom in endlessly pestering a company which could quite easily set aside a million or two just to pester you back.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Unintended consequences.

I don't necessarily see the wisdom in endlessly pestering a company which could quite easily set aside a million or two just to pester you back.

Well, if I had that sort of money I could amuse myself with pestering Google too. Someone has to, so I'm all for it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

> I could amuse myself with pestering Google too. Someone has to

Orlowski, that you?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Orlowski, that you?

Can't handle the facts, so hit the (wrong) messenger? Tragic..

3. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Greenspan should be grateful with his $58m, which put him somewhere in the top 0.1%, and enjoy his care free life."

Except by inheritance, most people don't get to $58 million by thinking that's enough for them. Basically perception of money is logarithmic and differential. You or I might think it's a lot; he may be comparing himself to the billionaire next door and feeling extremely poor.

4. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

If they succeed in getting him declared a vexatious litigator maybe they'll move on to Oracle.

1. NotBob

Can we get all the patent trolls similarly declared?

5. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

"Google does not file this motion lightly, but enough is enough,"

Those are the authoritative, paternal words of a company that knows it's the top dog who can do what it wants. Dont be evil.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Those are the authoritative, paternal words of a company that knows it's the top dog who can do what it wants. Dont be evil."

I have been at the receiving end of a vexatious litigant. It is incredibly annoying, frustrating and draining and at the end you will be substantially out of pocket. He's probably hoping that Google will miss one of his motions and he will obtain summary judgment, which will then give him a lever. That's the basic modus op: keep filing till they miss one.

I have sympathy for anyone who has experienced one of these people. Sadly, owing to the desire of lawyers to keep getting fees, it is quite hard to get them stopped.

6. PhilipN Silver badge

Free advice to US lawyers drafting documents

Fewer adverbs.

You're mightily and gushingly welcome.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Free advice to US lawyers drafting documents

Adverbs are included in word count, as do adjectives.

7. Unicornpiss
    Meh

LIfe is too short...

If his allegations are true, it sucks, but he got a hefty payout, one that most of us that occasionally visit reality would be quite happy with, to say the least. It's not like Google hurt his family. Business is cut throat often times, in this best of all possible worlds.

Life is too short. Occasionally you just have to take your lumps and move on. Things like this will devour your soul, even if you eventually win.

8. cd

Rather than trying to get their money back, they could give him a "free" Gmail account and take it out in data.

9. Winkypop Silver badge
    Unhappy

Greed

Makes people do the strangest things

10. DrM
    Big Brother

$25,000!!!!

Wow, where will Google ever come up with the $21,793.50? A crippling blow we should all worry about.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like