back to article It takes two to Tango: Lenovo bets on phabs, snap-on smartphones

Lenovo hopes its new smartphones and new phablets will help reverse its tumble in the mobile market. The Chinese computing giant took the stage in San Francisco Thursday to unveil its long-awaited Phab 2 family – which includes its Google Project Tango-enabled phablet – as well as a revamped line of Moto Android smartphones. …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Weird how phones are going modular, just as the rapid upgrade curve is leveling off. You can buy a phone that's good enough to last several years, making modularity fairly irrelevant.

Also may want to lay off the Z names, because they don't work for non-americans. You called it the Moto Zed, presumably so you can use it while sitting on your E-zed chair.

2. 27escape

Mods/add-ons don't work

For consumer experience, if I buy a £600 phone and then add on £400 of extra projector, camera etc and then find that in 2 years time they will not work with my next phone I will be a bit annoyed. Hence people are a bit wary of buying into this tech

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mods that add external speakers to the phone and a projector unit

to make them look like a Star Wars shuttle thingy, great news for the kids.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Westworld Prior Art

Don't see why the foldable tablets cannot go straight into production. No need for flexible screens as they were solid hinged like a W with the last stroke upwards stroke missing, so no need for that bulky fabric hinge developed by LG last year, but a smaller form factor and a metal back. My Moto G flipped three times is the size of an iPad mini2 so that would be a tablet and phone in one and a reversal of the bloated phablet.

And if the series is to be believed the tablets were in production for 30 years without modification and androids as add ons!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like