back to article Samsung reveals Batphone!

Holy baffling branding, Batman! Samsung's released a Batman-themed phone called the Galaxy S7 edge Injustice Edition. The tie-in's a promotion for a game called "Injustice: Gods Among Us", but the effort is not half-hearted. As the video below shows, the Batphone comes in a special Batbox that conceals Batarang. The phone has …

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Mmh. I was hoping for something bat-shaped.

1. John Bailey

Well.. It's flat shaped.. Close enough?

2. Oengus

But does it come with the utility belt?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Holy Human Collectors Item

4. Ken 16 Silver badge
    Devil

Batshit crazy

To pay extra for a box

1. John Tserkezis

Re: Batshit crazy

"To pay extra for a box"

Think of it this way: You'll be the coolest nerd on the block.

2. fandom

Children have always been to known to play more with the box than with the toy it contains.

3. Swarthy

It does seem a bit batty, but I guess you could store the box in a belfry.

5. Mage Silver badge

Disappointed!

I thought this was about the new folding display one, like a pair of wings with no body.

The last folding display phone I saw was the eInk roll up model. Apart from the fake one on on 'Earth: Final Conflict'.

I can't even get the flip phone locally. Car Phone Warehouse is full of identical form factor phones and tablets apart from a few obsolete GSM only flip and Candy feature phones supposedly for older people.

There is also supposed to be a new model from someone that wraps on the wrist and opens to be a skinnier regular phone.

6. msknight

Well, they haven't released it to their UK team yet... who apparently know nothing about it. *sigh* ... I'm on hold while they check their own announcement, which I've just given them.

Honestly, you can't make this up.

7. Paul 129
    Devil

Jedi mind trick

It looks like someone has told Samsung that top end smart phone market is going to be eaten by good enough cheap androids.

Marketing has really gone full on in this one.

Cool hardware, VR game and film tie in, collectors edition, style, wealth. all that missing is the beautiful babes, but that implied cause batman gets em.

Its not going to work....

I don't want....

How much does it cost?

Damn you Samsung!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon