back to article MapR acquires Geneva Lake to embiggen its worldwide reach

MapR, the big data software business, has brought in new talent to expand its leadership team. Shortly after praising the Q4 successes of ex-Oracle chap Matt Mills, who came in as president and COO for the San Jose software business last year, MapR has brought in more Oracle talent. This time, the former head of the North …

1. Pen-y-gors

Confusion?

"Vulture Central's backroom gremlins would like to emphasise that Geneva Lake is a person, not a geographical feature in central Europe. That's Lake Geneva, in case you were wondering."

I was wondering... some sort of story about serious water-cooled datacentre?

People shouldn't be allowed to have confusing names. I DEMAND that everyone (apart from me) has their name changed to John Smith at once. That would stop any possible future confusion

1. ratfox

Re: Confusion?

Mind if we call you 'Bruce' to keep it clear?

2. Evil Auditor Silver badge

Re: Confusion?

...everyone [...] has their name changed to John Smith...

That's fine with me. I might have an issue though calling the missus John.

2. Wensleydale Cheese

Geneva Lake will forthwith be known as Lac Léman to me.

3. x 7
    Paris Hilton

"People shouldn't be allowed to have confusing names. "

what like Paris?

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Exactly. Paris was a guy.

1. x 7

its funny really....out of all the hotels the Hilton chains own, they chose Paris.

Her parents would have been better off naming her for the Bancock Hilton.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like