back to article Jenkins issues code of conduct to keep rowdy automation fans in line

Jenkins has warned its more boisterous contributors that they face banishment from the automation server community if they fall foul of the code of conduct it finally got round to publishing this week. The project's board has consciously followed in the “footsteps of other projects like the Apache Software Foundation...and …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

You seem to be living in a sheltered world.

2. chivo243 Silver badge
      Pint

@1980s_coder

"Isn't that what El Reg forums are for?"

Late to the party on this one, but hell yes. let your conscience be your guide! Keep it witty, keep it non-personal and relax.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Everyone likes me and thinks I’m great in my safe space

People don’t judge me and haters don’t hate in my safe space

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Sexualised language"

Any idea what on Earth that may mean?

1. Cynic_999

Re: "Sexualised language"

Fuck knows

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Faggot!

2. Nolveys

I think it has to do with using inappropriate metaphors to help thrust forward one's argumentative position and to help penetrate people's perception more deeply, particularly when hard truths need to be conveyed.

3. Steven Roper

It means you're not allowed to make "fork" and "dongle" innuendoes or utter any similar form of political incorrectness, lest you offend the delicate little feelings of some hypersensitive feminist.

4. Midnight

Is saying "Time's up, let's do this!" and then charging blindly into the Rookery still okay?

I'm, uh, asking for a friend.

5. frank ly

Cutting the nose off the cheese

I had to Google that (and the white tie event). I'm a pleb.

1. Message From A Self-Destructing Turnip
      Angel

Re: Cutting the nose off the cheese

That's the dress code thing forbidding the wearing of carbon filter underpants, isn't it?

6. DropBear
    Facepalm

“other unethical or unprofessional conduct”

Any law that appends a carte-blanche "or anything else that at some point we might find annoying" is the tool of a tyrant, not of a lawful democracy. If the criteria to avoid being prosecuted is not "obey the law" but "stay on my good side or stay off my radar" we're still living in medieval Bezant whether we know it or not - it also implies whoever actually tries to respect the law is an idiot: what one needs instead is to know how to get away and not get caught while breaking it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think it's to cover unexpected events. Because there are some jerks* who are inventive in their jerkness. Not neccesarily deliberately so,just due to them being jerks.

*I don't know an alternate word without gender connotations.

7. Ben Liddicott

Let's impose a political litmus test before people can do their jobs...

See "opal gate" for how this works.

If you don't mouth the SJW Catechism to the satisfaction of the Political Officer then your options for professional development are to be severely constrained. It's unlawful for employers to do this in the EU.

But Open Source has become important, therefore Open Source becomes a power base, therefore Open Source will be colonised by party apparatchiks..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Let's impose a political litmus test before people can do their jobs...

From the last link, one commentator says "..a monster contributor who is making multiple near daily commits to various opensource projects."

Because the end justifies the means. I'm sure I've heard that one before somewhere.

1. Ben Liddicott

Re: Let's impose a political litmus test before people can do their jobs...

If that's the kind of world you want to live in, the worst I wish you is that you should do so.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like