back to article BLABBERGEDDON! Old Twitter chief becomes new Twitter chief to axe staff – report

Twitter is preparing to lay off an unknown number of staff, just days after Jack Dorsey returned to the micro-blabbing site. It turns out that he came back to the struggling company wielding a sharpened axe. According to the New York Times, which cited three anonymous sources, job cuts could come as early as next Tuesday. …

1. chivo243 Silver badge

Incentive

Throw in another carton of milk, and I'll fire your mother...

Dale Gribble

2. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Gotta pay for the CEO's Salary somehow

More Chiefs and less Indians. A surefire way to get more revenue.

What will the ratings agancies say about this now? Upgrade? Probably.

3. John Tserkezis

What? Twitter is going bust? Yah!

4. Your alien overlord - fear me

How about firing Jack and his (probable) multi-million a year salary and keep the minions? Or doesn't it work that way?

1. Mark 85

Nice idea but corporates don't work that way... maybe someday </wishful thinking mode>

2. silent_count

Not an unreasonable plan.

The execs (as are all employees) are paid on the basis of the value they add to the company. Given that Twitter has not made a profit, does not make a profit, and does not appear to have a viable plan for making a profit in the future, I'm curious about the nature of the value Mr Dorsey is deemed to add to the company.

If cutting staff and thus wages is the path to progress, then they could sack Mr Dorsey and replace him with my corriander* plant. It's just as adept at running a successful company and is quite happy to be paid in water and sunshine.

* Cilantro for any Yanks who've made it this far into my ramble.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like