back to article BlackBerry boss vows to keep making phones

BlackBerry CEO John Chen told shareholders at his company's AGM today that he’ll stay in the handset business as he reckons he has a good chance at making money from it. Chen didn’t say how: whether he’d stick doggedly to BlackBerry’s own BB10, flirt with Android, or bring them both into a hypervisor-enabled cohabitation …

1. James 51

The BlackBerry handsets are good. Haven't anything else that would tempt me away from my Q10 (apart from Jolla but I'd wait for Jolla 2).

1. David Dawson

Try a passport! It's awesome.

2. Ken 16 Silver badge
      Thumb Up

I'm sticking with my z10 for now and I'd like to replace it with the same (OS/size/resolution/replaceable battery/build quality) but better (battery life/processor/RAM).

1. Captain Scarlet Silver badge

I find the Passport to bug.

I am also after a replacement to the Q10 (A BB one as BB10 does what I want it to) but it looks like its not going to happen :(

1. Captain Scarlet Silver badge

*to big.

2. Sgt_Oddball

I know there's still people buying them

Saw an actual bb passport on the train the other day. It was being used by a member of the blue rinse brigade though... Not sure what that says about their customer Base.

1. Vince

Re: I know there's still people buying them

I'm not blue rinse and I own a Blackberry Passport. Best device I've had of its kind, wouldn't part with it unless something genuinely better rocks up. For heavy e-mail use and genuine "all day" use - nothing comes close.

2. James 51

I thought about getting a passport but lack or removable battery is putting me off.

3. iLuddite

"Not sure what it says about their customer Base."

I would guess it means that you do not have to be a genius to appreciate a sensible, secure phone that does not have a bucket full of free spyware.

3. Vector
    Coat

"this horse isn't dead yet"

Yes, it is. Chen's just kicking it.

4. Edgar Scrutton

I moved from a Q10 to Q30 a month ago. Better IMHO.

Staples in Canada will give you 1 months trial period.

At $269 I figure it's a steal.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like