back to article Bing to encrypt search traffic by default

Microsoft product manager Duane Forrester says it will encrypt all Bing search traffic later this year. Forrester says the move follows Cupertino's 2014 decision to allow users to opt-in to HTTPS for web searches. "Beginning this (Northern hemisphere) summer, we will begin the process of encrypting search traffic by default …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bing

Encrypted or not is still bloody awful...

1. hplasm
      Devil

Re: Bing

Bing has search traffic?

2. Sandtitz Silver badge

How is it bloody awful?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

in exactly the same way as "Ask Jeeves" is bloody awful.

1. Sandtitz Silver badge

How is Ask Jeeves bloody awful?

Is this a game?

3. ratfox
    WTF?

Forrester says the move follows Cupertino's 2014 decision to allow users to opt-in to HTTPS for web searches.

Hm. I didn't know Microsoft let Apple take such decisions for them.

4. Don The Elder

That's privacy?

The only choices for Cookies in Sparta are None, Block Third Party, and All. So I'm secure in my search (except M$ can parse it for advertising money,) but every typosquatter can read my computer and write anything it wants? If you don't believe that, set IE11 to Prompt for both, don't check Always on first-party but do accept each one, and count how many cookies some sites want to set before you can move forward. If they're not reading something that they want to remember, what are they recording with each cookie? Looks as if I'm going to have to do more local coding whenever IE11 is assassinated.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like