back to article Steve Jobs movie gets October release date

The Aaron Sorkin-penned, Danny Boyle-directed and Michael Fassbender-starring Steve Jobs movie has emerged with a release date and teaser trailer. The film, titled Steve Jobs, will see the light of day on 9 October. The sparse teaser trailer, below, gives us a look at Seth Rogen as Steve Wozniak, Jeff Daniels as John Sculley …

1. PleebSmash
    Facepalm

here we go again

more myth than man

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Not another one!

Well, yes, another one, apparently.

Every Hollywood male actor aged 22 through 78 must appear in a Steve Jobs movie.

If not, no Oscar. Ever.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Not another one!

I'm surprised Morgan Freeman hasn't played Jobs yet, he does a good messiah.

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

I thought Morgan Freeman was more God than Messiah?

Make up your own second sentence using:

Freeman

Jobs

God

Messiah

Not necessarily in that order.

2. hammarbtyp

Jobs wasn't the messiah, he was a very naughty CEO...

3. wolfetone Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Finally

A pure work of fiction for 2015.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

FTFY, wolfetone

A pure work of fiction for 2015. .... wolfetone

A pure work of faction has fictions elevated to realisations via virtualisation means and ..... the sublime micro management of macro memes.

And is that in what would be surely highly classified, and easily considered and classed as just a sophisticated global media operation, the present reality of the process of cycling events and unfolding news tales which are used to construct the visions which deliver the future its temporary existence ..... para-permanence in the brains and consciousnesses of the masses and the plebiscitary?

1. wolfetone Silver badge

Re: FTFY, wolfetone

"A pure work of faction has fictions elevated to realisations via virtualisation means and ..... the sublime micro management of macro memes.

And is that in what would be surely highly classified, and easily considered and classed as just a sophisticated global media operation, the present reality of the process of cycling events and unfolding news tales which are used to construct the visions which deliver the future its temporary existence ..... para-permanence in the brains and consciousnesses of the masses and the plebiscitary?"

U WOT M8?

2. Youngone Silver badge

Re: FTFY, wolfetone

Yay! amanfromMars1 is back! Deliciously incomprehensible.

4. Tom 7

I'll wait

for the smaller and easier to swallow follow up.

5. CaptainBanjax

Steves not dead though.

I saw him in a Lenovo advert recently.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Checked the cast on IMDB

I see no Bill Gates. Are they skipping that bit of his story?

7. Howard Hanek
    Windows

Steve Jobs Shrines Business

......how about a shrine in the form of the garage where the two Steves created Apple? With Jobs looking over Wozniak's shoulders telling him to work faster?

8. Bob Dole (tm)

Saw the first one. It was actually enjoyable but seriously - shouldn't they wait like 10 years before doing a remake? I know we are used to seeing the same story formulas over and over again but do we really need to see the exact same story over and over again?

9. Nanners

Another one?

what the hell is wrong with Hollywood?

10. OzBob

Jeez, wasn't Tom Cruise available?

And forget the Jobs, who has played the definitive "Woz"?

11. Mr.Mischief

So the "Jesus making" starts.

I mean isn't this how a normal guy with some good ideas became shrouded in myth and elevated to messiah status?

In a hundred years, people will look to these moves as a documentary while the new religions begin.

12. Nameless Faceless Computer User

I would rather see a movie about the engineers and designers who made the Apple toys, not the nasty CEO they had to work for.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like