back to article Oi, Kanye. BEYONCE deserves that gTLD more than you do

Bronze-badged reader thomas k. opened this week's batting with a right corker about Kanye West and Beyonce. On the news that Kanye West is launching a new website on a new global top level domain, he said: I think ... Beyonce deserves that gTLD more than he does. The Great Tardmangling Machine isn't quite sure what this is a …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think ... Beyonce deserves that gTLD more than he does.

From several dozen gossip sites:

Sam Smith Says Beyonce Deserves Album Of The Year Grammy More Than He Does

1. ADC

Re: I think ... Beyonce deserves that gTLD more than he does.

Not quite.

I believe it's a reference to Kanye West pushing himself on stage at the Grammy awards and telling everyone that Beyonce should get the award instead of Beck.

Even better, it seems Beyonce is not best pleased, it's ruining her carefully crafted image...

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ci_27523352/beyonce-isnt-happy-kanye-west

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/beyonce-fears-kanye-west-antics-hurt-image-jay-z-article-1.2113606

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/10/beck-kanye-wests-grammy-awards-stage-invasion-beyonce-outburst-grace_n_6651436.html

1. Don Dumb
        Go

@ADC -

I believe it's a reference to Kanye West pushing himself on stage at the Grammy awards and telling everyone that Beyonce should get the award instead of Beck.

This, as many may remember, is on the back of him doing it even more infamously a few years before. - At the 2009 MTV VMA's he did the same thing to Taylor Swift, jumping up on stage and gatecrashing Taylor's award speech for best video, taking the mike and claiming that it should have gone to Beyonce.

This was such a classless and ungracious display that even Barack Obama was overheard declaring Kanye to be "a jackass". The Kanye quote "I'mma let you finish" became it's own meme mocking his stupid rant.

It seems that whenever Beyonce loses out to someone else at the Grammy's Kanye simply can't understand and tells everyone that Beyonce should have won the award.

2. Doctor_Wibble

> ... Says Beyonce Deserves Album Of The Year Grammy ...

A highly unusual thing to say since most news articles about Beyonce do not usually include the 'Al'... it might be nice if they focused on the music for a change...

And on gTLDs does anyone know WTF is ".country" supposed to be for? I have seen it a grand total of once, and it was the link on an ad banner that went to a ".kim" (also only seen once) page (I was curious about a windows-alert style Tesco voucher offer complete with epilepsy strobing that sounded too good to be true). Both of these now on my completely-banned list for all eternity. I nearly did this with '.biz' but some genuine people and businesses have actually used that one, including some that really exist.

I will be genuinely surprised if this drawing of a line disadvantages me in any noticeable way whatsoever.

2. dan1980

. . . Imma let you finish but Single.ladies is one of the best gTLDs of all time!

(Seriously though - that would be a cool domain.)

3. thomas k.
    Happy

Wow!

Thanks, Reg, that really made my day.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon