back to article Hinge: An app that scours Facebook friends for dates banks $12m

A dating app that uses your Facebook friends to make recommendations has scored $12m in series-A funding, bringing its total funding to $20.5m. Hinge hopes to compete with market leader Tinder by offering a better dating experience. Its unique selling point is that recommendations are friends-of-friends - the idea being that …

1. NoneSuch Silver badge

Or... You can put the phone down and go out into the world and actually do things and meet people.

Radical I know but it has served the human race for 400,000 years or so.

1. Brewster's Angle Grinder Silver badge

What's the divorce rate?

2. web_bod
    Unhappy

What happened to the website?

Were you hacked by the morons that trashed the Guardian site? - it looks a mess

1. tokyo-octopus
      FAIL

Re: What happened to the website?

It's the law - all websites must now maximise whitespace and minimise contrast for trendy mobile-enabled web 4.0 compatibility.

They'll be having a fixed menu bar across the top of the page which eats up 20% of the window next...

I already stopped reading TheDailyWTF because it's like trying to peer through a letterbox at designer icon vomit.

1. FunkyEric

Re: What happened to the website?

Good, so it's not just me that doesn't like the new look......

3. VinceH

"The app scans your Facebook friends (if you have too few you aren’t allowed to join)"

That rules me out then. Since I set up a Facebook account again a few weeks ago, I have so far added... nobody.

4. People's Poet

Another developer who thinks iPhones are the only platform people use.

As for getting out and meeting real people have you tried that as a middle aged man recently? It might be ok if you live in a city but plenty of people live out in the sticks and there are very few places to go where you can actually meet other single people.

And this is the 21st century after all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon