back to article Google will have to WAIT and SEE if I fine them - EU antitrust chief

New EU competition chief Margrethe Vestager has said that she won’t be rushed into a decision on Google's alleged abuse of its dominance of the search engine market. Vestager described the investigations into Google as “multifaceted and complex” and said she would need some time to decide on the next steps. The case against …

1. The BigYin
    Joke

We need...

Search Neutrality!

2. Alan Denman

IF ONLY HE HAD A CLUE

The establishment idiots fail to realise that the Net creates a oneness where One winner will near always dominate.

Realise how it is and tax them so we can all benefit rather than suffer imposed crapness.

1. streaky

Re: IF ONLY HE HAD A CLUE

"tax them so we can all benefit rather than suffer imposed crapness"

Cool, or they could get pounded into the sand. I hope they get pounded into the sand.

Google puts up active roadblocks to innovation much worse than the ones Microsoft was found guilty of some years back.

For example, they use certs to lock people out of their protocols for the sake of stifling competition. Case in point - the cast v2 protocol requires Google CA signed keys to verify that a device is made by Google so you can't be a first screen device (e.g. a TV) without those keys which you can't possibly get hold of - but as a client you can just send requests to a chromecast without authenticating and it'll just do what you ask thereby proving it isn't security related; again the entire point of those certs is to lock down the entire google/android/chrome ecosystem from competition and innovation now they've pulled millions of google device users into it. It's a pretty horrific bait & switch and they should be forced to have their protocols opened up (in the sense that they're usable by third parties) or be made to pay very massive fines and forced anyway.

Nobody should be allowed to get away with that level of nonsense - Microsoft weren't, if Google are then I'm going to assume very bad things took place and go from there.

1. ratfox
        Headmaster

IF ONLY SHE HAD A CLUE

FTFY

2. gurugeorge

Re: IF ONLY HE HAD A CLUE

hey can you tell me a bit more? ill raise the issue if you can give me a detailed list of grievances....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like